Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UP24 Wristband
RE: UP24 Wristband
(03-02-2014, 08:18 PM)retired_guy Wrote: These wrist band things are fun... The one quoted here, the Jawbone... Nike has one too. Another goodie is the "Fit-Bit." I bought one of those for Mrs Retired_Guy for Christmas. It told her what her steps & mileage were for the day, her guesstimated calorie burn, her sleep quality (certainly no details, but she told it when she went to sleep and when she woke up, so it was accurately able to say how long she was in bed. Like I say it was fun to track her activities throughout the day.

In addition, the Fit-Bit also flared up her nickel allergy. Seems the little stainless steel clasp on the band is alloyed with nickel. She pretty much broke out all over her arms, face, and a few other places before we figured it out. That wasn't really all that much fun.

But we did love the concept. Now she uses Nike's version.

An update: Fit-Bit has issued a product recall for their wrist band because of the allergy issue. It's kind of sad because it's really a nice product if you don't develop a rash when wearing it, or if it doesn't fall off your wrist when you're not looking.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UP24 Wristband
I have a FitBit that is covered with heavy "soft plastic-like" material that I clip onto my waistband. My cardiologist thought I was too "sedentary" because of a DVT, so I bought one to show him I am NOT simply sitting on my rear. So far, I'm averaging 10,000 steps a day and today - after walking my friend's dog (which I'm babysitting) - I had over 20,000 steps. Hey, if I didn't have to feed a dog, I think I'd trade my FitBit in on a "pound puppy". Yes, I think getting a dog might be just as much "fun" and more motivating, now that I think about it, than a FitBit.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.