Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help resmed hi5 problem again
help resmed hi5 problem again
hi all.. thanks for the responses...
today i called the dme to report that the humidifier plate or h20 gets warm... i asked if something in the clinician's menu needed to be on or off... i was told, "there is no clinician's menu or manual".
i have an appt tomorrow am at 11 est...
questions...
is there a clinician's menu and manual?
could my "new resmed s9 autoset be a refab?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help resmed hi5 problem again
i meant (doesn't get warm..)
sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2014, 03:11 PM)lafsa Wrote: is there a clinician's menu and manual?
Yes, explained here in pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

You can ask for a copy of the clinical manual, scroll down to "how to ask for a manual via email"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

As for if the plate is heating or not, read "H5i vs. H4" questions
http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients

ClimateLine user instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
H5i humidifier can be bought separately, and yeah, the heating plate in the unit is supposed to get warm. With the AutoSet you indirectly control the temperature of that plate using the humidity setting, if you don't have a ClimateLine hose.

If you have the ClimateLine hose, then there is a temperature setting you can control (and humidity setting is automatic -- though I think there is an override to allow you to control both humidity and temperature if you want when using the ClimateLine).
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to confirm what zonk and c0reDump have told you, I use the S9 AutoSet and tweak my settings via the clinician's menu as needed. I was made aware of this option by the knowledgeable and helpful folks in this forum. Welcome lafsa. It's good that you found us.
Post Reply Post Reply
And yes, in the clinician's menu on the S9 Autoset (with ClimateLine hose) you CAN disable the automatic "temperature controls humidity" and get at the settings separately.

This is mostly needed by people with great variance in their room temperature or humidity levels. The machine is pretty smart, but sometimes the user knows the 'weather' conditions better.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you all! i went to the resmed links and they were very helpful. the plate does heat, just not in climate control mode. i cancelled my appointment this am.. you folks are much more knowledgeable than my resp tech.. yippeeeeeeeeeee!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lafsa,
It's good to hear that you were able to fix your problem. I'm glad you came to this board, and as you are discovering, it's a neat place to hang out and there is lots of help from lots of great people.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2014, 03:11 PM)lafsa Wrote: hi all.. thanks for the responses...
today i called the dme to report that the humidifier plate or h20 gets warm... i asked if something in the clinician's menu needed to be on or off... i was told, "there is no clinician's menu or manual".
i have an appt tomorrow am at 11 est...
questions...
is there a clinician's menu and manual?
could my "new resmed s9 autoset be a refab?

Based on my (admittedly brief) exposure to DME people, I would guess that the response from your DME was just the RT attempting to propagate/maintain patient ignorance. When I attempted to discuss pressure changes with an RT at my DME, I was treated to a lecture, starting out "You aren't even supposed to know how to . . .". Many of these people appear to want only patients who are willing to "shut up and do as they're told".

I use the same equipment as yours, but with the Slimline tubing. When I shut down in the morning and pull out the water tank, it's aluminum bottom is warm to the touch.

If your equipment is a refurbished unit, that isn't necessarily bad. I work with small-to-medium PCs, laptops, servers, and all the gear associated. We have VERY good luck with refurb items - many times that is the only way it has actually been touched/tested/inspected by a human.

Good luck, and keep reading.
Al
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.