Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help selecting a traveling APAP machine
help selecting a traveling APAP machine
I will be camping for five nights.

And considering a battery operated unit that could be used with a car battery.

My ResMed S9 requires 18VDC to operate. So, I can't adapt it.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine
Hi HarmonicaMoon,

ResMed makes a DC power converter for the S9, I think it's readily available from many of the suppliers but certainly #1 on the list. That would let you run your existing machine off a deep cycle battery.

HTH,
Alshayed
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have also said, alternatively if you are set on buying a new APAP why not buy a new AirSense 10 and get the DC converter for that? (It uses a different one vs the S9)

If you search the forum there are many threads on camping with CPAP for various suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Search Amazon for:
MAXOAK CPAP Battery Backup CPAP Power Bank for Airsense 10 Resmed S9 Philip REMstar System one 60 50 Dreamstation Z1 Aircurve Airmini Transcend Mini Travel Camping Emergency Power DC12/15/24V&USB5V

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units. It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off. Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at Supplier #1
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Search Amazon for:
MAXOAK CPAP Battery Backup CPAP Power Bank for Airsense 10 Resmed S9 Philip REMstar System one 60 50 Dreamstation Z1 Aircurve Airmini Transcend Mini Travel Camping Emergency Power DC12/15/24V&USB5V

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units.  It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off.  Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at Supplier #1

Thank you Sleeprider.

I am thinking about the MAXOAK K5.

The Amazon site says it cannot be taken on an airplane.  I don't know if that means as carry-on and checked bag?

The MAXOAK site doesn't support questions.

Anyone know?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2019, 02:16 PM)harmonicamoon Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Search Amazon for:

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units.  It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off.  Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1

Thank you Sleeprider.

I am thinking about the MAXOAK K5.

The Amazon site says it cannot be taken on an airplane.  I don't know if that means as carry-on and checked bag?

The MAXOAK site doesn't support questions.

Anyone know?

I got an answer from an Amazon forum.  Apparently the battery is too powerful (per FAA) to be allowed anywhere on a plane.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 425 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 584 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.