Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help to understand sleepyhead results
RE: help to understand sleepyhead results
(06-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Marillion Wrote: Please read Bonjour's reply just above your post for an excellent explanation on your numbers.  

But your most recent posted chart from that bad evening shows strong clusters for the most part which would indicate positional Apnea events were happening that night.  A situation whereby your chin was tucked in towards your chest a few times restricting your airway and increasing the odds of multiple events occurring very close together.  

In a case like that, usually we would recommend the use of a soft cervical collar to keep the neck aligned and/or possibly changing your pillow if it is of a deep soft variety.  You may be making yourself much more susceptible to these positional apneas with the type of pillow you may be using.  I would recommend a buckwheat hull pillow or a more firm memory foam pillow.  It really helped with my event clusters.

Yes I read Bonjours post as soon as I posted my reply to you. That was indeed really really clear.

Thanks for that Marillion, I get your explanation of those clusters. Perhaps thats why it stopped the next night as I then started using the soft cervical collar with the P10 which had less leaks for me. I do have 3 very soft pillows and shall look into the ones you have suggested.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AI, I see that you are using attachments for your charts. The forum limits attachments so you are better off using a service like Imgur. Then you just paste a link into your post. That will help with history.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though EPR is considered a comfort setting, because of all the CA events you have your EPR should be 0, at least as close to it as you can get, at least until you beat the CA and can adjust some EPR back in if you wish.
Always keep in mind both aspects of therapy, first are the numbers, you want a reasonably low AHI, but more importantly you need comfort, Without comfort you won't be "compliant", you won't use your pap machine full time, and that is not good therapy.

So How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, I put a graphic together to show what bonjour was stating about reducing pressure at the same time as reducing EPR, until you settle out at 11 cm with EPR of 0.

[Image: WX6f4Ji.png]
Hope that helps in combination with his several explanations.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys.....QAL, Bonjour and Marillion

Thank you so so much for your time and help. I now have the explanation about EPR/IPAP and CA in all ways possible and its is entirely clear.

Its Friday night here and I am dead beat after the London attacks, my illness, an election and work all in a week!!

I shall look into adjusting EPR relative to IPAP starting tonight. Think I shall reduce IPAP to 13 with EPR of 2 tonight and see what that brings me.

Shall upload some history and also tonights results to imgur with next posts tomorrow.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi good morning

http://imgur.com/a/xrT3Y

Attached the info from last nights sleep and CPAP therapy of IPAP 13, EPR 2. I have to say that I did not feel great upon waking up. Had bad headaches which are slowly easing. Had a lot of OAs just before waking-perhaps REM sleep?? But do not know if headaches are due to this flu bug thing that I have been afflicted with this week. However I did not have them before sleeping.

Any thoughts??

Post Reply Post Reply
A bit more detail without clicking on imager link

CA- 6, OA- 7 so it might seem IPAP 13 with EPR 2 is working. Will definitely give it more time but cannot say I feel good. But could be due to illness.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't call an AHI of 1.4 with an OA of .7, the longest being 14 seconds terrible, in fact most would say that is good. you could increase the pressure a bit more for the OA
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
all three examples of OA you showed detail for are holding your breath for some reason, perhaps swallow or halting to listen to something.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning

In the spirit of putting all my data in one thread for history, attached shows the reporting of good mask seal by MyAir but the reality of enormous number of large leaks by Sleepyhead confirmed by my own memory of lots of mouth leaks through through the night.

More importantly I felt crap yesterday, as though I had loads of OSAs despite the register being low.

Why do you think this is??

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 131 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.