Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help w Oscar password reset on Mac plz
help w Oscar password reset on Mac plz
hi. first post...and boy do I have questions/comments but ack I cant get into y Oscar page to review data. yes so I tried to follow the directions in another post on reset by looking for Oscar file on my Mac...no reference to password tho..I even downloaded word pad which iv never used before. and im sleep deprived cause only used CPAP for 2 hours last night so not working w a full deck  Sad
and for the record I do think I had the right password initially because I wrote it down! thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help w Oscar password reset on Mac plz
Would you please list the complete path and filename that you accessed trying to find the password?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thanks...so I have a Mac. I opened textedit...went->finder->open profile.xml->found the password line and erased between the arrows->saved. restarted. opened Oscar. was prompted for password. obviously im missing something. sorry im sure this is answered somewhere here. iv looked at a few posts and your answer is always this. thanks im really tired lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have more than one OSCAR database? If so, are you modifying the password in the correct database and profile?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
While I don't know a Mac's exact path, a Linux path should be close.  Here is the exact path you should see.  I have listed in color the names specific to your computer,  "/home/Your_Mac_Username/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Your_OSCAR_Username/Profile.xml

Within the Profile.xml you should see a line,   <Password type="QString">Your_Password</Password>

Do not delete the line. You just delete the password.  After editing it, your line should now state,  
<Password type="QString"></Password>.  After editing this file be sure and save it before starting OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you did a default install of OSCAR your profile data should be here (if using Finder or TextEdit):
/<your-mac-user-name>/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/<your-OSCAR-profile>/Profile.xml

Double check to make sure Textedit did not add a .txt extension to the end of the filename.

No "home" folder on a Mac. The absolute path on MacOS is:
/Users/<mac-username>/Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/<oscar-name>/Profile.xml
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, Jeff. The next time that topic comes up at a cocktail party, I'll know the answer. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
no only one account but maybe I should open another!

ok ill try, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Success!!!!! thank you...perseverence pays off Smile

now to figure out how to post my charts!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 96 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 299 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Oscar password reset Gogirl 7 1,439 02-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: gree7
  Reset OSCAR password Sleepbreather 2 1,182 11-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepbreather
  oscar forgot password, how to reset kbingel 3 1,431 09-29-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inexplicable reset with oscar- need help goodn 5 696 08-04-2021, 03:25 PM
Last Post: goodn
Smile User name and password for ResScan? Please iostfeld 7 8,489 05-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.