Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help, way too many leaks last night
RE: help, way too many leaks last night
Okay. I put the PS down just a weeee bit last night, to 3.8 from 4. AHI today was 9.8. Sad Haven't even looked at the leaks yet; I know I had some, but I had the usual smiley face this morning.

DME says maybe I should try a different nasal mask; otherwise, it seems she has no clue. Apparently she did not forward my graphs to my sleep dr.

I'm def on my own with this. Okay Board Members, I'm going to keep asking questions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Come back with the leak numbers, graphs would even be better. Also the makeup of the events would be nice. ..and of course the pressures. I'm not sure 3.8 instead of 4 would really amount to anything, but it would be nice to see your graphs for the night. Something changed. Probably that banana split Readyforsleep gave you.

Post Reply Post Reply
For comparison, the day before was AHI of 5.8 and higher leaks .... and PS at 4.

Last night I had the PS at 3.8. I know, not enough to really change anything, but I thought I would inch it downward.

[Image: screenshot-20140912-111526_zps80967c1c.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks look real good to me, so it sure seems like it has to be the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. I think Buckey's right. I'm in favor of your reduction in ps as you know. But it looks to me as if the max is riding right at the top of where it needs to be to control the OA's. So dropping the ps, even a little, caused the max to drop a little, which was too much. So I still think we're gaining ground on this thing. My opinion would be to increase the minimum by .5, which should, given a ps of 3.8, force the max to go up just a little.

The leaks look fine...........
Post Reply Post Reply
okay. trying to understand ....
Increase the minimum --- pressure? exhalation pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I think increase the minimum epap which should, with the pressure support, force the max pressure up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
okay, will do. Thank you again. I will send you a thank-you banana split. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on those leaks. Looking real good. I can't believe I'm saying this, but RG is giving you good advice. The name of the game is to slowly make changes. You will get there! Remember patience, patience, patience. Naps help too..
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2014, 12:08 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Yes, I think increase the minimum epap which should, with the pressure support, force the max pressure up a little.

I believe that it will not force the max IPAP pressure up but with the pressure support will force the min IPAP pressure up.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 138 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 160 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 108 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 501 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 766 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.