Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help with reading results
help with reading results
[attachment=37649]     [attachment=37651]Help reading results. My last 3 days have been all over the place. I have a month's worth of results but can only post 3 pics. These are the most recent.
I will say, I haven't been waking up due to air leaks like I was before I changed mask a week ago. But I do change the side I am sleeping on several times a night due to hips hurting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help with reading results
You may wish to control those large leaks before submitting charts as leaks often distort some of the data of interest. As for fine-tuning your settings, I am sure that someone will offer specific suggestions.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is under 5 so you are technically treated. Yeah, there are leaks, you can work on those. RERA is about even all the days, and 1+ per hour does usually collect up all about the same time. Which can be pretty disruptive. Hope you can go back to sleep easily after changing position.

You might use a dropbox, a cloud storage area, or imgur free account to toss your charts and share more (if you want to).

If you can handle a little more pressure, you may want to just try min 13 max 17. I think I see your pressure never dip much below 13 and are rattle jacking the 16 max with that flow limitations. keeping that EPR set on 3 so you get the maximum benefit of your current machine.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
To be honest, currently you're using your machine as a leaf blower.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you know very well the issue and you even said why you wake up.

It's best to get into the underlying reason why the mask is leaking. Is it the mask shape (if so, try other masks) or how it interacts with your pillow, etc.

Leaks are most likely from side sleeping with your mask position relative to the pillow. Maybe try experiementing with pillows (try Contoured CPAP pillow) to keep your mask from leaking. Sometimes where your hose is positioned, puts weight in particular direction that pulls the mask to cause leaks. If so, perhaps positioning the hose up could help.

I get high FL from supine sleeping so I try my darnest to sleep on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply
        I am a side sleeper and tend to tuck my chin, and it knocks my mask around and causes leaks. These are my last two nights' sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried soft cervical collar to prevent you from tucking your chin? If not, it's worth a try. There's an abunance on Amazon and you can get them locally at CVS or Walgreens. Ones you get locally are limited to one size, 3 inches in height.

Your FL could be reduced with cervical collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your flow limitation is crushing your sleep. It would be interesting to see a zoom of the flow rate at 01:10 on Dec 6. I agree that a collar would keep you from getting into a chin-tucked fetal position, and might be a good training aide to keep you from doing this. In the meantime, when sleeping on your side, try pulling a corner of your pillow between your shoulder and jaw.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 20 992 03-08-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.