Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with CPAP
Smile 
First night with CPAP
So last night was my first night using my CPAP machine, and it took a bit of getting used to. My mask was initially way too tight, and it was pushing so hard into my nose that my nose was starting to hurt. I had to readjust the straps in the middle of the night.

When I woke up in the morning, I stopped my device (ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto), and it said that I was only in use for about 4 hours even though I had it on all night. Did it reset because I had to readjust my mask in the middle of the night?  

Those were really the only issues I had last night. I have to download the SleepyHead app for tonight's sleep. So, I've still got a long way to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with CPAP
If you're referring to MyAir usage, I got zero credit for the whole first night. Don't worry about it, you've got a long time to go. #Sleepyhead will be more useful. Be sure to download and use it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, it wasn't the MyAir app though. It was just on the sleepy summary that I only got 4:26 when I had it on the whole night. But I'm downloading SleepyHead to make sure I can monitor things from now on.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing I've found myself needing to get used to is the designed vents in the mask. I have a Philips Dreamwear mask, and there's vents in front of the "pillow" and at the swivel joint. It kinda made me nervous about mask seal, but my machine confirmed that I had a good seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi stereoswimmer and welcome to the forum!

With the DreamWear mask, when I want to check the seal while I am wearing it rather than do a fit-test, I just put my finger horizontally above the nasal pillow where it meets my nose and feel for any air leaking, then do the same below where it rests just below the nostrils. This method works well for me.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am only 2 weeks into treatment so I am not a seasoned user, but I was surprised with how little mask pressure is required to get a 100% seal with my Dreamwear mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my first two nights are in the books. First night, my AHI was 6.1 and last night was 8.1. My auto pressure had me up at 13 for most of last night. I made sure the seal was tight, but I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong because my AHI is still up there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stereoswimmer, it would help if you updated your profile with equipment and pressures. You know the drill...we can look at your chart and probably make a call, but guessing is kinda futile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was just working on that! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Thanks for understanding!   Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,129 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 878 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 349 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 431 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 633 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  [Treatment] Low AHI/RDI with CPAP but still jolting awake every night boogiemoogie 0 487 08-09-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: boogiemoogie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.