Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help with the c-pap
RE: help with the c-pap
(01-26-2013, 01:25 PM)kayla Wrote: thank you ,yes using autoset14-20 .Thank you for the info.You are very kind.
you,re welcome
did the doc download the data from your sd card and looked at the detailed graphs (not just statistics and summary data)
for example if 95% pressure was 16 . doesn't mean pressure was at 16 for 95% of the time, actually means was AT and BELOW for 95% of the time [some even doc (mine did) forget the below part]

the doc is right in one way that lower than 14 might collapse the airways but only if using the machine at fixed pressure
the autoset increase pressure in response to snoring, flow limitation and apnea (not if central apnea detected)

lowering the minimum pressure by 2 or 3 cmh2o for comfort wont makes much difference but might if lowering by 10 cmh20

the other option is leave minimum pressure at 14 but set the ramp pressure at 10 cmh2o for 15 mins or more
as you fall asleep ... the autoset adjust the pressure as required to prevent the airways from collapsing

always use mask fit so you don,t fit mask at the lower pressure (usually more recent machines, mask fit use 95% percentile of the previous night)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help with the c-pap
(01-26-2013, 04:36 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-26-2013, 01:25 PM)kayla Wrote: thank you ,yes using autoset14-20 .Thank you for the info.You are very kind.
you,re welcome
did the doc download the data from your sd card and looked at the detailed graphs (not just statistics and summary data)
for example if 95% pressure was 16 . doesn't mean pressure was at 16 for 95% of the time, actually means was AT and BELOW for 95% of the time [some even doc (mine did) forget the below part]

the doc is right in one way that lower than 14 might collapse the airways but only if using the machine at fixed pressure
the autoset increase pressure in response to snoring, flow limitation and apnea (not if central apnea detected)

lowering the minimum pressure by 2 or 3 cmh2o for comfort wont makes much difference but might if lowering by 10 cmh20

the other option is leave minimum pressure at 14 but set the ramp pressure at 10 cmh2o for 15 mins or more
as you fall asleep ... the autoset adjust the pressure as required to prevent the airways from collapsing

always use mask fit so you don,t fit mask at the lower pressure (usually more recent machines, mask fit use 95% percentile of the previous night)

the dr didnt say anthing he used the download but I have no idea what he was looking at.I am sorry I am really struggling with this.I dont understand the data when I look at it.I saw mask fit and am trying.I know you are trying to help and I appreciate this.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.