Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: help with the c-pap
(01-26-2013 01:25 PM)kayla Wrote:  thank you ,yes using autoset14-20 .Thank you for the info.You are very kind.
you,re welcome
did the doc download the data from your sd card and looked at the detailed graphs (not just statistics and summary data)
for example if 95% pressure was 16 . doesn't mean pressure was at 16 for 95% of the time, actually means was AT and BELOW for 95% of the time [some even doc (mine did) forget the below part]

the doc is right in one way that lower than 14 might collapse the airways but only if using the machine at fixed pressure
the autoset increase pressure in response to snoring, flow limitation and apnea (not if central apnea detected)

lowering the minimum pressure by 2 or 3 cmh2o for comfort wont makes much difference but might if lowering by 10 cmh20

the other option is leave minimum pressure at 14 but set the ramp pressure at 10 cmh2o for 15 mins or more
as you fall asleep ... the autoset adjust the pressure as required to prevent the airways from collapsing

always use mask fit so you don,t fit mask at the lower pressure (usually more recent machines, mask fit use 95% percentile of the previous night)
01-26-2013 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
kayla Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: resmed s9 autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-19?
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I am grateful for the wonderful peopleon this board!

Sex: Female

RE: help with the c-pap
(01-26-2013 04:36 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(01-26-2013 01:25 PM)kayla Wrote:  thank you ,yes using autoset14-20 .Thank you for the info.You are very kind.
you,re welcome
did the doc download the data from your sd card and looked at the detailed graphs (not just statistics and summary data)
for example if 95% pressure was 16 . doesn't mean pressure was at 16 for 95% of the time, actually means was AT and BELOW for 95% of the time [some even doc (mine did) forget the below part]

the doc is right in one way that lower than 14 might collapse the airways but only if using the machine at fixed pressure
the autoset increase pressure in response to snoring, flow limitation and apnea (not if central apnea detected)

lowering the minimum pressure by 2 or 3 cmh2o for comfort wont makes much difference but might if lowering by 10 cmh20

the other option is leave minimum pressure at 14 but set the ramp pressure at 10 cmh2o for 15 mins or more
as you fall asleep ... the autoset adjust the pressure as required to prevent the airways from collapsing

always use mask fit so you don,t fit mask at the lower pressure (usually more recent machines, mask fit use 95% percentile of the previous night)

the dr didnt say anthing he used the download but I have no idea what he was looking at.I am sorry I am really struggling with this.I dont understand the data when I look at it.I saw mask fit and am trying.I know you are trying to help and I appreciate this.
01-26-2013 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply