Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc.
hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc.
Hello from Toronto.   I am just staring out but It looks like I  have a lot of problems with Flow Limitations, Central Apneas and RERA's.  I guess from reading the forum that I will need help creating an expanded breathiing space---EERS!  So I am looking for a forward thinking Sleep Doc in the GTA who is willing to look at my Oscar charts and help with EERS design for example or prescribe a bi level machine.  Any recommendations anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hey TORONTO! I need Sleep Dr for UARS, FL's, EERS etc.
Cary, I wrote the EERS wiki on Apnea Board and the forum members have a lot of experience coaching users to overcome problems like you describe. I'm sure you have seen some of the current threads discussing machine settings and use of EERS. It will be helpful if you download the free OSCAR program and post a chart or two as shown in the links in my signature below this post. That will give us information on your current machine, settings, events and respiration statistics that we use to help you optimize settings. Welcome to Apnea Board. It looks like you have done some good preliminary reading
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider for the quick reply. 

I would still like to have a Sleep Doctor, who is interested in these types of circumstances, to follow me.

A recommendation (hey Toronto) would be really helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only doctors and sleep centers that I am aware of that use EERS are in the Boston area. I know, not a good solution for you.
Call the local doctors' offices and ask who is very familiar with treating those, ask the techs in your local DME's which doctors treat these with success. Wish you good luck and happy holidays.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour for your thoughts.  It's hard to believe that this stuff is going unnoticed (here in Toronto too).  I was hoping one of the forum members here would have had a good experience and could give a recomendation.  I'm guessing that I need a Doctor onside to give instructions to the lab to create the EERS and to perscribe a bi level machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
We provide contact information for a DME in Boston that assembles the units and also how to DIY the EERS. The DME will make those up with a prescription from any doctor, but the challenge is going to be getting your doctor to come up-to-speed on EERS and read the articles.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 428 1 hour ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,127 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,347 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,155 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  CPAP Not Helping... Possible UARS?? TiredTim 0 162 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 25 2,287 04-02-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 199 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.