Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

heytherefriend777 - My Journey - do I have UARS?
RE: heytherefriend777 - My Journey - do I have UARS?
I did my first night on the BIPAP! I noticed it was much more comfortable to exhale vs my past experience with the pap. 

-Strangely have these clear airway events, not sure why. Is this central apnea events? Part of me wonders if I need an ASV to treat this. I have recorded myself sleeping with a lav mic attached to my nose and noticed every so often periods where I just don't seem to breath, or forget to breath.

-I unfortunately can't stay asleep as long as I would like with PAP treatment. This time I woke with a bit of a scratchy maybe dry throat w/ a slight cough feeling (maybe more humidity would help? I tend to awake and rip off the mask.

-I'm wondering if I did S mode vs VAuto if I'd have a better go at it?

-Going to keep at it and would love to tinker settings according to this first OSCAR data screengrabs. Very thankful for everyone's help here.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Ca's are more than likely treatment emergent as they didn't show up on your sleep report.

Stay in VAuto mode, but bring the Max IP pressure down to 12cm.  
Also suggest you set the Trigger setting to High.  (default is medium)  
The Trigger setting on High has been shown to lower CA's. If the CA's are still prominent, then we can lower PS a bit.

Let's see how this goes and repost.

You may also be able to drop the Epap setting a bit, as you show no Obstructives, but....
don't do that yet. It's best to make small changes....one thing at a time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Trigger setting is important. Please set it to High, and indicate that in your profile so we can see it.

Your events are well controlled so I see no reason to decrease your IPAP Max setting, mine is set at 25, the machines max.

Make this one change then review.

Future actions may include increasing the Trigger to Very Hign and / or reducing the PS and/or reducing the Min EPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Night two, 
-Very light sleep, felt like never went deep. Sadly unrefreshing.. Maybe need more goes to get used to things..
-I found myself wanting a little more inhale strength, or pressure? A little more oomph for breathing in...
-dry mouth/throat on waking---more humidity?
-increasing trigger seemed to help some, maybe very high now? still having some CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Any suggestions for increasing pressure slightly and continuing to reduce CAs? 

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2022, 11:20 AM)heytherefriend777 Wrote: Any suggestions for increasing pressure slightly and continuing to reduce CAs? 

You may not be able to accomplish both, but worth a try if CA's bother you.

First, did you change the Trigger to High?  If not, you should try that first.

If you've been using Trigger on High setting, and you feel you need more pressure, raise your Epap setting to 7cm.  That will give you an inspiration of 11 to 14.

Note: Higher pressure could induce more CA's. This is something you have to watch.

You can also lower the PS a bit, but one change at a time is best, or you won't know what works and what doesn't.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Third Night
Hey guys,

I'm needing some tips:

-how do I last longer wearing the mask ( three nights so far: 3 hrs, 5 hrs, 3 hrs)
-I wake with a residual persistent grogginess (like an underwater/spacey brain head feeling the whole day) --Why might this be?
-With my suspicion of UARS, and more recently I suspect some minor form of empty nose syndrome.. am I even headed down the right path trying to use BIPAP here or is this all for naught? Feeling like giving up.

Notes:
-I tweaked Trigger to VERY HIGH, and that seemed to help comfort, changed to PS 3.8, 6.4-14 (just experimenting)

Any additional tips or advice are VERY appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 918 3 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 58 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 616 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 78 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.