Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hi everyone,New member- I have my OSCAR results,should i changue my settings?
Gross 
hi everyone,New member- I have my OSCAR results,should i changue my settings?
Hi,im new in the sleep apnea world, im using the resmed aircurve 10 vauto,i have my OSCAR results,should i changue my settings? thanks for your time  Shy

My current settings:

Mode: Vauto
Max IPAP: 25
Min EPAP: 4.0
PS :4.0
Ti max:2.0 
Ti min: 0.3
Trigger: med
Cycle: med

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hi everyone,New member- I have my OSCAR results,should i changue my settings?
im a very anxious person its difficult to get use to the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hi everyone,New member- I have my OSCAR results,should i changue my settings?
Welcome to Apnea Board,

I think your EPAP minimum is a bit low, likely causing air starvation. This in turn makes it harder for you to keep the mask on. I would increase this to 5 or 6 and see if this helps.

Later, you may also need to reduce pressure support at least for a while. This appears to be the source of your CA.

Lastly, you need to increase how long you keep your mask and therapy on. To help, I think you need some time sitting with the mask and PAP on while reading or watching TV to get used to the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your answer, now i have 0 events per hour !! ill be reading and watching movies with the mask on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have another question, should i use the ramp time option?
Post Reply Post Reply
During ramp you will NOT be getting therapy so no turn off ramp.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, I found Ramp to be less than helpful. It adds disruptions and takes away therapy time. Besides, with your low start pressure as it is, Ramp most likely isn't necessary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 17 321 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 121 10 hours ago
Last Post: opo218
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 179 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,520 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 204 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.