Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

high number of centrals
high number of centrals
I've been on apap for 20 days after a home study with AHI of 53. My 20 day average ahi has gone down to 15.8, but obstructives are only 1.9 and centrals are 13.5. Any thoughts on reasons why mostly centrals or possible treatments? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: high number of centrals
Here's my first sleepyhead data capture from last night

http://imgur.com/a/vqyrS
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend turning the EPR off. I think that was suggested in another thread, but you still have it on.

Also, watch your leaks. Not too bad, but you may be mouth breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
these CA are likely xpap induced caused by the way CO2 is being flushed from your system. It typically disappears in a few weeks.

Did your original sleep study say anything about Central Apneas? If possible could you copy and post that study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea. I never saw my original study. All they told me was ahi was 53.  I will ask my drs office to send it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll second turning E$PR Off. At least until we see what happens.
With CPAP (APAP) we fight OSA by increasing pressure, you have very few obstructive events. And you fight Central/Clear Airway events by decreasing pressure. It is often very much a balancing act.

Step1 turn EPR Off then observe and post results
Step2 decrease pressure slowly then observe and post results

BiLevel uses PS, Pressure Support, to fight Central events, EPR can be thought of as a mini (limited to 3cm) PS and EPR MAY end up helping you. The data will tell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 51 1,184 2 minutes ago
Last Post: tcinoz
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 0 52 Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Last Post: xaid
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 66 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,324 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 23 545 03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 172 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 270 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.