Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

highly variable AHI
RE: highly variable AHI
(03-20-2014, 04:51 PM)dizzy izzie Wrote: Help! After about 6 months on CPAP my daily AHI score is HIGHLY variable. It can range from 6 to 18, even had one night at 2.9 and one at 29. The higher then number, the worse I feel the next day. Getting rather desparate, any suggestions for such a huge range? I've seen other posts with ranges in AHI, but not this big. Practitioner "doesn't understand" this.

Have downloaded data into Sleepy Head, but haven't figured out what it all means.

Thanks.

Hi dizzy izzie,
I am relatively new to PAP therapy also. What I have found out so far is that my OSA seems to be very positional. My sleep study AHI was 36, and with APAP, usually ranged from 7 to 15. Once I discovered that sleeping on my back is NOT GOOD, I started using some of the tricks to avoid that. Since then, my AHI is averaging less than 2, often below 1. Supine position may or may not be your issue, but it seems likely that there is an issue like that - you just have to find it.

Good luck with your quest ! ! !
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi becker44a,
WELCOME! to the forum,! and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI is usually between .1 and .8. But there id little relationship between that number and how tired I feel in the morning. I've sometimes felt the most rested with an AHI higher than 1.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the difference between Apnea and Hopopnea in Sleepyhead reports.

I'm a new user (just over a month) and in reviewing Sleepyhead reports have noticed that my Apneas are usually 2 or less and the Hypopneas are usually 2 or more. What is the difference ? I also wake at night due to excessive mask pressure. Is this related and how do I resolve this issue ?

Thank you !!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jchris,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questionn and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's the difference between Apnea and Hopopnea in Sleepyhead reports.
Hi Jchris, welcome aboard
AHI below 5 is normal while on CPAP. whats pressure settings, AHI, leak and 95th percentile pressure if using AutoSet on auto
Scroll down to glossary for the definition of apnea/hypopnea
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Variable Breathing question... Jaymz2727 1 413 10-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Highly irregular breathing patterns Michael2 8 1,087 07-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Michael2
  Variable breathing and O2 levels modernsportscar 1 663 02-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: modernsportscar
  How variable is AHI, as reported by ResMed? (Mask fit) desaturator 5 927 01-11-2022, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Help request in analysis (focus on variable breating) zlatko 4 752 11-18-2021, 03:23 PM
Last Post: zlatko
  question on variable AHI pablomr 10 1,077 11-03-2021, 06:49 AM
Last Post: pablomr
  [Treatment] AHI is widely variable...Why? BFair2all 8 1,070 06-24-2021, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.