Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

home sleep study
home sleep study
I had a home sleep study done by my Dr request, I finally got the results even though I no longer use this doctor, after 1 year, it says my REI is 51.7 and with 72.1% of the time with Oxygen levels below 89%, I just purchased a resmed airsense 10 today off of craigslist, but I am unsure what pressure, settings, etc to use, I am going this alone and have no idea where to start
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: home sleep study
Jammer, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a beautifully engineered device that will quickly get you into the "zone". I'll assume you have the Autoset rather than CPAP or Elite. Let me know if otherwise. You can select a minimum pressure and maximum pressure and EPR (exhale pressure support). Give your high RDI and low oxygen saturation during your test, I want to start you with a minimum pressure of 7.0, Maximum pressure of 20.0 and EPR on, Full Time at 3. This will actually start you at the minimum pressure of 7/4 (inhale/exhale) and allow you to go all the way to 20/17, but only as needed. We can learn a lot from your first night of therapy, so be sure to have a SD card in the slot. Good luck, and good sleep.

Be sure to clear the existing patient data on your machine before using. If you need to know how to do this, be sure to request the CPAP Setup Manual for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2020, 06:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Jammer, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a beautifully engineered device that will quickly get you into the  "zone". I'll assume you have the Autoset rather than CPAP or Elite. Let me know  if otherwise. You can select a minimum pressure and maximum pressure and EPR (exhale pressure support). Give your high RDI and low oxygen saturation during your test, I want to start you with a minimum pressure of 7.0, Maximum pressure of 20.0 and EPR on, Full Time at 3.  This will actually start you at the minimum pressure of 7/4 (inhale/exhale) and allow you to go all the way to 20/17, but only as needed.  We can learn a lot from your first night of therapy, so be sure to have a SD card in the slot.  Good luck, and good sleep.

Be sure to clear the existing patient data on your machine before using. If you need to know how to do this, be sure to request the CPAP Setup Manual for Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset  https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

Wow your response was very impressive I feel like I came to the right place to ask about this, I will report my 1st nights sleep stats once completed, and thank you again for all of the help, I am very appreciative
Post Reply Post Reply
Jammer welcome to Apneaboard post a daily graph after your first night and we can see how your doing. Sleeprider is one of the best guys here to assist with setting up your ‘new’ machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 81 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.