Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

home study for centrals
RE: home study for centrals
(10-09-2017, 03:59 PM)STB123 Wrote: I just had a home sleep study done on a Philips device, and it did indeed test for centrals.  I have a different issue and that I am clearly one of the mythical subset that have centrals caused by therapy.  In my first week I'm seeing 100+ centrals per night, and in sleep transition I am subconsciously "confused" as the whether I am supposed to breathe or let the machine do it.

I went from a handful of hypopnea to basically no apneas and hypopnea but ahi of 15-25 nightly from Clear Airway Apneas.

Central = Clear Airway in Dreamstation/Mapper

thank you for the notification  of a home sleep study for Centrals. I hope I can get the home study  one for centrals but I think my dr. wants the lab to do it for some reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: home study for centrals
(10-09-2017, 03:59 PM)STB123 Wrote: I just had a home sleep study done on a Philips device, and it did indeed test for centrals.  I have a different issue and that I am clearly one of the mythical subset that have centrals caused by therapy.  In my first week I'm seeing 100+ centrals per night, and in sleep transition I am subconsciously "confused" as the whether I am supposed to breathe or let the machine do it.

I went from a handful of hypopnea to basically no apneas and hypopnea but ahi of 15-25 nightly from Clear Airway Apneas.

Central = Clear Airway in Dreamstation/Mapper

STB123, I hope you will start your own thread and work with us.  CPAP induced complex apnea is more common than you know, and the solution is a bilevel ASV.  Your BiPAP is made to resolve obstructive sleep apnea, and is of little use in treating complex apnea, but certain settings will make your symptoms much worse.  You will need to fail at BiPAP before being admitted to a trial for ASV.  It may be a frustrating experience, but you will eventually be treated to near zero events.  Hope you will start a new thread...we've seen this many times before.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 0 48 Yesterday, 01:18 PM
Last Post: nikkib9899
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 50 1,175 03-16-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 57 5,614 03-07-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 223 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 214 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.