Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hook up oxygen to resmed air mini
hook up oxygen to resmed air mini
I have an air mini and want to hook up to an oxygen source but unlike my air sense 10 I have been unable to find a connector with the oxygen connector on it because unlike the air sense 10 the mini hose is smaller and so the one i use on air sense 10 won't work.  Anyone know of a source for this piece?  And why wouldnt Resmed make one for people like me who camp or do other things that require the least amount of space for all the paraphernalia?  I'm a motorcycle tourer and the mini is a 1/4 the size of my air sense 10 so that part is great.  But if there's no way to hook up an oxygenator I have to choose between taking the larger air sense or using the mini with no oxygen.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hook up oxygen to resmed air mini
Is there an adapter at the mask? So a standard mask works?

EZflow tubing can be cut in 6 inch lengthslengths and thus allow you to attach your Oxygen there with standard fittings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Gideon.
Unfortunately the adapter goes between the air sense 10 and the hose so the adapter is sized on both ends to fit hose and air sense 10 which is too big for the mini hose.  Anyway the mini hose ends are both proprietary so no go even if correct size.  The mask avenue is not possible.  Do you know if there is any one who makes a generic hose to hook up to the air mini?  Then I could maybe use my air sense 10 adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you connect your mask, is it a standard mask? Or is it specialized for just the mini?

I visualize a standard mask, eztube 6 inches, a make to make antibacterial filter (leave the filter itself out) with O2 inlet, since the male fitting is the same as the mask the mini hose fits there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an F20 air touch and air fit standard mask that i use with air sense 10 but they both work with the mini hookup.  Dont understand the make to make reference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at this wiki where a mask is set up to move the exhalation port away from the mask.  See the short blue hose? It's a 6 inch section of flex hose.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_N20.jpeg

Attach a fitting with an oxygen injector port instead of the valves and swivels used here and don't block your mask vents
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon will try that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 683 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,272 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.