Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hose sliding off mask
hose sliding off mask
I recall reading a post or two suggesting solutions for a hose slipping off the mask connector, but I haven't had success using the Search to find it again. In my case, the end of the Climateline hose sometimes slides off the mask connector piece. The obvious solution is to apply something to the mask connector piece to make it slightly larger in diameter. I've tried scotch tape, but that's as slippery as the plastic connector piece itself. I'm thinking that whatever works well to slightly increase the connector's diameter must also be able to hold up during mask washing. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hose sliding off mask
Have you tried 'Stretch and Seal' silicone repair tape?
I haven't tried it for that kind of thing yet and it may be too thick to work with.
There is electrical tape but the adhesive tends to squeeze out of it and make gooey black sticky messes.

Tongue
Post Reply Post Reply
I had this problem, and put together some 5 minute epoxy and ran a "glob" of it around the offending piece and it worked fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you thought about maybe putting some moving tape around where they connect? I don't think that would be too messy and it would be relatively easy to take apart when you needed to clean the mask and hose. I would think epoxy would be a little too permanent when you need to take them apart for cleaning. I would think epoxy would make your connectors "weld" together and therefore, making it stiff. That would mean that when you tried to take things apart, it would break but maybe they have changed the formula of epoxy these days, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)

Hope this helps you.
Edit: and it would help if I could type, (ha-Ha-Ha,) I came back to check on this post and saw things that, if I hadn't corrected them, the post wouldn't have made sense, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 09:30 AM)Dawei Wrote: In my case, the end of the Climateline hose sometimes slides off the mask connector piece.
my 2 years old hose does that but the new one is tight fit

Post Reply Post Reply
I was concerned about the same thing happening due to wear and stretching because I was removing the elbow from my hose daily to wash it along the with the rest of my mask. I eventually decided to leave the elbow permanently attached to the hose and once a week I soak my hose with the elbow attached in Citris II and there has been no issues as yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my hoses for a long time, and have also experienced the problem of stretched hose cuffs coming loose. The very easy solution is to get automotive hose clamps for both ends and gently clamp the hose on. Any auto supply place (Advance, O'Reilly, etc.) has these clamps quite inexpensively. My preference is for worm drive clamps since that affords an excellent control of applied pressure on the hose coupling.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
the climateline have temp sensor (orange thingy inside the tube at the mask end)
which measures the temperature of the air just before it gets to the mask

so would not recommend any taping, just get a new hose and might help you to follow "Allen" method
(leave the elbow permanently attached to the hose) for longer life
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! I have this issue too! But only with the Climateline. My mask has the swivel adapter doohickey between the hose of the mask and the climateline. The CL comes off that swivel joint. I don't wash my mask every day so the constant taking on/off wouldn't be the cause.

I had a new one that did it right out of the bag. And another didn't do it until about 2 mos in.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 09:30 AM)Dawei Wrote: In my case, the end of the Climateline hose sometimes slides off the mask connector piece.

I had this problem a few years ago but haven't had it since, the trick for me was to take a washcloth with a little dishwashing soap on it and to gently scrub the interior of the hose end and rinse well, when it's dry it'll feel just like a new hose end.

The inside of my hose end was getting slick as the plastic mask fitting and simply slipping-off in my sleep but, after washing the rubber end it felt just as tacky as a brand new hose, give it a try, it's free and it works for me, I used the same hose for 4 years with my previous setup, apparently just soaking it weekly wasn't enough.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 643 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,561 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.