Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how do I delete data from Sleepyhead? My SDCard that came with machine .....
Question 
how do I delete data from Sleepyhead? My SDCard that came with machine .....
I just imported my SD card data into sleepyhead for the first time ( came with my ResMed). I then discovered that the SD CARD must have been given to me with someone else's data still on it.( hospital technician set me up) My sleepyhead profile shows data that is not mine. I just started using the Cpap machine May 13 and its showing data going back into April. How can I remove that from my sleepyhead profile? Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how do I delete data from Sleepyhead? My SDCard that came with machine .....
you first need to clean out the memory of your machine or it will continue to rewrite the old compliance data to the SD card. On PRS1 machines you do this in the clinician menu, pretty sure Resmed is the same. You will also need to format the card. In Sleepyhead you can selectively remove data.

Open Sleepyhead and go to the Daily data tab. On the calendar at upper left, days with data are highlighted in blue, and days without data are black. Go back to where the data is that you want to delete, and select that day in the calendar, then go to the menu and select Data/Advanced/Purge Current Day. You can delete all data that is not yours, and your data will be preserved, however if you don't clean up the machine memory and data card, it will all be reimported.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how do I delete data from Sleepyhead? My SDCard that came with machine .....
If you have more than a few days to purge, go to Data->Advanced->Purge All CPAP Data->Your machine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am more suspicious that the MACHINE is used, not the card. The machine should reformat a used card, as in it is from a different machine, when it is first inserted. I think.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, you're right. I missed that the O.P. thought they were using a new machine, and just assumed they knew it was used.

Sleepy, your machine was indeed used by a previous individual. Want a new one? Tell your provider they not only gave you a used machine, but that they are in violation of HIPPA by also providing you with the previous patient's data. That data can be removed as I said by deleting it in the clinical menu and resetting the therapy hours. Someone screwed up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
sleepyandsore,
Someone did screw up by leaving that SD card in the machine, but I have to ask...is this a machine they gave you on a trial basis, or is this a machine you will me using long term?
If it is the latter, you should be upset! Not only did they leave someone else's info in the machine, but makes you wonder if it was cleaned before giving to you??? If you can get into the clinical menu, check the blower hours and user hours, then I would call them and ask for a brand new machine with a data card that doesn't belong to someone else. Sad
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
wow! thanks for the info. I don't know how to get into the clinical menu. I think the technician /nurse said I was going to get to keep this machine after 3 months if I complied 70% - so I assumed it was new. Perhaps the machine was new but the card was not?

I am SO TIRED. I just took a two hour nap with the cpap and I don't feel rested at all. I changed the ramp from 45 minutes to 10 minutes before I did. I still get the feeling I can't breath while I am sleeping. What could be going on? I feel more exhausted with the machine then without.
Post Reply Post Reply
The instructions for entering the Clinician menu are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

You want to change the minimum pressure to 6.0. Also change the minimum ramp pressure to 6.0. You can also use the Erase Data menu to delete the former patient's data. This should have been done before you got the machine. If you want to get a new machine, call your provider and complain tomorrow morning and insist on a new machine. You were give one from a patient that failed compliance, If you take a look at their data, you will probably see poor compliance. In any event, you should not have to accept a used machine for a new price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,886 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 131 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 510 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.