Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how do i slow down the surges?
RE: how do i slow down the surges?
You almost need training to run rescan (I’m sure techs are) but OSCAR is very user friendly and very easy to use.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
    sleeprider and others 

I am posting two recent nights data from OSCAR.  Puzzle: why cant I find a Flow Rate chart for the 9/26 chart?  Very interested in what you make of it.  The only difference in the settings should be change of Max EPAP from 9 to 11 per doc recommendation from recent titration study.

Let me know if I did not organize the data as you recommend.

Post Reply Post Reply
Why the mysterious flow rate disappearance? I know not.

The second chart looks better than the older lower pressure, but still can be improved some I think. FL is going over .50 a lot. It may be a sleep disturbance to you. Tell us how you felt if you remember. I would gauge how the therapy is doing by how you felt even this early. Numbers are pretty good except the shaggy FL chart. I look at it this way, numbers help to ID issues and where things need to improve, "How you Feel" says whether it needs edits on pressures. In other words, if you feel good-great, OK-good numbers are more than acceptable.

PS if it's decided to cut down the FL, I would do an EPAP Min bump to an even 6 and see what comes of it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any evidence of CSA in these data?
Post Reply Post Reply
No CA that I see. If it happened it would be on the chart. I'd say the ASV is doing its job fine, it's combatting CA very well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long slow decay in inspiratory flow rate cathyf 3 716 06-24-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  [CPAP] Air surges ckuttner 3 1,157 02-25-2021, 01:42 AM
Last Post: kappa
  New Member - Central Apneas of Just Slow Breathing? Coach43 8 1,537 03-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Slow Cooker? [for disinfecting masks or hose] HalfAsleep 27 7,944 10-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Slow To Respond? Hojo 5 1,532 09-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Questions about stage 3/4 slow wave sleep Melman 9 1,963 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: KCFLY
  Dr too slow? Go to the hospital? dd777 28 5,915 03-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.