Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how do you edit out bad data in resmed
how do you edit out bad data in resmed
now that I am getting better sleep I am back to my old "it takes a bit to get to sleep thing" my data is bad when I am awake. I throw all sorts of events, BTW should that worry me?

so my AHI sucks, but my real AHI is very good. would be nice to trim the data or at least set sleep started here and ended here, now the end thing is no biggie as I do not lay with it on in the morn, but at night waiting for sleep, that can take some time, over a hour last night, and very bad date during that time.

any help would be great
now I know that reports it gets generated only looking at the data on the screen of the detailed graphing section, oops I just looked only the graphing in the report section is effected by the viewing of the detailed graphing section.

man do I suck at breathing when awake according to the resmed data

thanks
Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how do you edit out bad data in resmed
Events when you are awake do not mean anything. It's highly unlikely you are going to forget to breath for an extended period of time without noticing it when you're awake. So that's not really an issue. However, thinking we're having an event while being unable to go to sleep could point to some other difficulty we need to examine. For instance a tendency to "panic breath" while laying awake could indicate undue stress, or even a congested heart issue that needs treated. So hurray that you've got the sleep thingy under control, now go have a quality visit with your doc to see what else might be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
the events are central and blocked apnea events, no panic breathing or me having any idea I am throwing a event trigger. I feel fine, nothing out of the norm, I do hold my breath at times, just stop for a bit of a rest I guess, not sure why. is that in any way normal?

(04-02-2014, 11:40 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Events when you are awake do not mean anything. It's highly unlikely you are going to forget to breath for an extended period of time without noticing it when you're awake. So that's not really an issue. However, thinking we're having an event while being unable to go to sleep could point to some other difficulty we need to examine. For instance a tendency to "panic breath" while laying awake could indicate undue stress, or even a congested heart issue that needs treated. So hurray that you've got the sleep thingy under control, now go have a quality visit with your doc to see what else might be an issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 11:48 AM)space45 Wrote: the events are central and blocked apnea events, no panic breathing or me having any idea I am throwing a event trigger. I feel fine, nothing out of the norm, I do hold my breath at times, just stop for a bit of a rest I guess, not sure why. is that in any way normal?

Darned if I know. But I would explore it with your Doc next time you go in.

As far as being normal? I have learned that no one here is "normal." Except me that is. I'm normal........... Everybody else is non-normal......... ........and I think they're out to get me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the ramp up feature?
My personal experience has been to not use it.
That way I'm at pressure from the start -- that let's me make sure my mask seal is good; and I'm getting therapy as I settle in.

BTW -- I believe Robysue gave you advice on setup. And you started with pressure limits "wide open."
As you get a few days data to see your pressure ranges, you might consider tightening up the pressure stops -- especially minimum EPAP.

Glad you're feeling better.

Let me add... as a person who had severe OSA and did not PAP for years... My doc said we tend to lose our central ventilation drive; but with time on PAP, it is retrained. (Or words to that effect.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
yes to ramp up and yes to wide open, will changer the ramp up and see if that helps. thanks for the help

now that leads me to another question my usage pressure goes up to over 23 cmH2O very regularly, does this mean anything, from what I have read a normal APAP will only do 20 cmH2O and so it looks to be a very good thing I got the VPAP that goes to 25 CMH2O, or am I out to lunch here?

(04-02-2014, 11:57 AM)justMongo Wrote: Are you using the ramp up feature?
My personal experience has been to not use it.
That way I'm at pressure from the start -- that let's me make sure my mask seal is good; and I'm getting therapy as I settle in.

BTW -- I believe Robysue gave you advice on setup. And you started with pressure limits "wide open."
As you get a few days data to see your pressure ranges, you might consider tightening up the pressure stops -- especially minimum EPAP.

Glad you're feeling better.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to eliminate the events while trying to go to sleep, extend the ramp. The machine is not supposed to score events during the ramp. I do not know of any way to edit the data to eliminate the awake time but I am not a Rescan expert.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
it looks like it does record ramp up, and not every night does it take the same amount of time to go to sleep so it would be hard to set the ramp to the right amount of time for that night.

will attach a PDF of last night, you can see I wake up by the large number of events middle of the night
file was to big to attach, here is a download link
https://app.box.com/s/1wwek4g2kz1saql0simy
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 12:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: If you want to eliminate the events while trying to go to sleep, extend the ramp. The machine is not supposed to score events during the ramp. I do not know of any way to edit the data to eliminate the awake time but I am not a Rescan expert.

Isn't that cheating? Smile

(04-02-2014, 04:14 PM)space45 Wrote: it looks like it does record ramp up, and not every night does it take the same amount of time to go to sleep so it would be hard to set the ramp to the right amount of time for that night.

I had this exact question when I first got my CPAP from the DME -- his suggestion was to set the ramp so that you are at therapy pressure before you are asleep. Personally, I run with the ramp set to OFF. I like the CPAP pressure (helps me breathe easier) -- am a little sad every morning when I have to take the mask off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 05:39 PM)c0reDump Wrote: I like the CPAP pressure (helps me breathe easier) -- am a little sad every morning when I have to take the mask off.

I agree with Mr. Dump on this. I love just laying in bed early in the morning while the stupid cats are still asleep and just let my machine have its way with me. I do still use the ramp feature, but mostly just because I haven't gotten around to turning it off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 250 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,078 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,456 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 795 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 272 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.