Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how do you rate it? looking for fitting mask
how do you rate it? looking for fitting mask
Good morning,
I tried many masks now and I still have problems with large lecks/jaw/chin dropping and finding the ideal mask for me. (tried chinstrap, soft cervical collar, taping... all did not work how I expected, or is difficult to use for me) I have 2 versions, which I test at the moment, and I want to give another try with a nasal pillow mask (Resmed Swift FX because the P10 does not work for me). But I have to buy this mask first.

Please see my details below, all with same settings, reaction soft, my AZV is not so good with any mask, below 400 in average.

1) Resmed N-20 nasal mask and light vertical taping (strip in middle of mouth 1 inch wide)
http://imgur.com/a/yskUM

2) I have got a new Resmed Mirage Quattro Full-Face Maske yesterday and tried this last night, without any change, but of course no taping:
What I see here is, that leckage and flow limits nearly corresponds , and that the flow limits are much higher...and the mask is very bulky and leaves big marks on my face...
http://imgur.com/a/0vzmQ

How do you rate it, what is your view?
Thanks for help
Best regards from vienna
Christian

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how do you rate it? looking for fitting mask
Like you, I had to go through a number (approximately 11) masks before I found one that appeared to work better than the rest. It is the ResMed Mirage Activa LT and the only modification I made was to use the AGI headgear which seems to work better than the ResMed OEM headgear. I have a large neck and turn frequently at night (rotator cuff issue). I tried the chin strap and that was ineffective. However the lower lip of the Activa seems to hold my mouth closed.

Nasal pillows did not work for me at all. Due to the funky headgear, there was too much torsional play to maintain a leak-free fit.

You might want to visit a DME who may have additional "demo" or "fitting masks" available so you can try before you buy. Some vendors offer a satisfaction guarantee -- for a few extra bucks.

Best of luck with the mask issue.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how do you rate it? looking for fitting mask
@srlivine1: so the resmed Mirage Activa LT nasal mask covers also your bottom lip? So no large lecks because of jaw dropping? Mask lecks?
Our DME in Austria is maybe like yours 30 years ago, you have to forget them... not able to.. not willing...maybe I buy one at supplier 1...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 74 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 90 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.