Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
RE: how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
I got mine through apria the same day the got the script. It helps when your close to apria.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2017, 06:11 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I got mine through apria the same day the got the script. It helps when your close to apria.

OK thanks. After all the steps so far to get the ASV, I'm ready to have it yesterday. Need to get back onto therapy so I can start sleeping again.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First one was from Apria. It took me about 30 minutes. But I had to go to them.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, it's no issue to visit them. FWIW I was told by the sleep lab that a regional rep for Apria visits (maybe on weekly basis but I forgot time interval) their facility and she was handed the script. She turns that in to be processed. Via Rotech/CPO2 that I was dealing with prior, it was a fax communication.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Eat-popcorn 
Note I'm dealing with getting an ASV as I've already failed CPAP and BiLevel with CA indicated. The new script and ASV oriented sleep study were given to the Apria rep that visits my pulmonary group's office. Now the problem is when I called and talked with a customer service rep to check on progress, she states I should be getting the BiLevel in 7-10 days. What? No says I; I am to get an ASV.

I have called my pulmonary office this AM to get their assistance in fixing the issue, as I am not waiting 7-10 days for the wrong machine. I stated what I thought the issue may be to the girl assigned in filling out scripts. My script has ZERO areas to specify ASV; it has Medicare style device codes up to E0470, a BiLevel. It does NOT have E0471 which is BiLevel with back-up rate feature, AKA an ASV or ST machine. And I had to mention the missing request on the heated hose as well.

These various reps are currently trying to be certain I am getting the correct machine so I don't continue to call in every day. Sometimes, though, this is what's required to get what's needed. Good day all. And get some fresh 
Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee
 Oh-jeez And no I do not want a job there because I know more than they do about their job. I'm crazy but not that crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: I received an automated call from Apria that said a rep will call me in about 5 days to let me know what options for delivery are offered. I will be calling tomorrow to verify which machine specifically is ordered. ASV is expected and they're stating (as of now) that automatically means ResMed. Check that requirement as OK. I had let my pulmonary Dr. know I wanted ResMed ASV with heated hose and humidifier. He didn't include heated hose on this order. I think I will also have a fight on the humidifier as insurance paid for the one with the BiPap prior.

Bottom line: time from script to machine estimated to be 14 days, subject to change of course
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2017, 07:50 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I will also have a fight on the humidifier as insurance paid for the one with the BiPap prior.

All new Resmed models come with a humidifier built in.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for confirming that. I hoped it would be that way. Actually can't wait to get this ResMed ASV. I'd love to sleep and rest more than 3 hours a night. I'll keep y'all updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck Dave! It's already been a long road for you, and we've been working since Spring to get you situated. I'm hoping you have your machine soon and we can start to hear the success stories of using the new Aircurve 10 ASV and get you fine-tuned. There is nothing inherently wrong with Apria except they are a national provider for Medicare, and their bureaucracy matches that. The have a single point of contact for PAP users to access through an 800 number. Local offices seem to have overworked RT and technicians to dispense and manage the patient needs.

Do try to confirm the deliver will be the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. We sure don't want to repeat the bilevel or ST experiment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.

Agreed on all you said. I'm calling in few minutes, literally, and I don't mind so much choosing Apria as that automatically gave me the ResMed brand. Now I do need verification that I'm getting what I want and need not what DME, Dr. or insurance thinks I need, other than ASV of course. In other words, I have already gotten the machine TYPE battle won; now it's the secondary battles such as heated hose that comes next. As soon as I get the machine and get time on it, I'll be posting to get lots of valuable feedback and input.

FWIW to all: I now ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS demand my copies of sleep study, script, and any other reports. One never knows when these will become needed.

Sit back and enjoy the show folks. Oh, and if my sleep study is an indicator of success, once I get on the ASV therapy, I believe I'm going to post some very, very good report numbers. I'll try to post that on my Newbie thread later today for feedback, mainly for my education.

Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee Eat-popcorn Coffee HAPPY FRIDAY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 959 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,129 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.