Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
RE: how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
If a heated hose is not part of the Rx there is no problem obtaining one on Amazon or from another supplier. I would not delay getting the ASV fulfilled over the type of hose it comes with since a Climateline hose can be obtained for $32. That is probably less than your deductible considering the DME markup. I think you will find it comes with the Climateline anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2017, 08:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If a heated hose is not part of the Rx there is no problem obtaining one on Amazon or from another supplier.  I would not delay getting the ASV fulfilled over the type of hose it comes with since a Climateline hose can be obtained for $32.  That is probably less than your deductible considering the DME markup.  I think you will find it comes with the Climateline anyway.

Thanks again for having my back on this. I was just on the phone with Apria and then insurance. The insurance rep was awesome. She called Apria to verify that everything is in place for insurance approval and told me that the device is ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV, heated humidifier, heated hose, and the Mirage Quattro mask the doc specified. The mask segment I can deal with as needed. The major areas of machine, humidifier and heated hose are checked so I'm doing very well there. Insurance rep stated all will be fully covered by them. She also said she requested on my behalf to rush the order so I can get this ASAP. So maybe next Friday I have this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great News Dave!

Looks like you're right behind me on the ASV.

So far, it's worked really well for me.

I hope it works as well for you too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Herb. Glad yours is helping you. It looks like mine is going to be next week but still so much closer than it was.

Eat-popcorn Coffee Happy & safe weekend y'all.

Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Herb,

This was a real battle for you but kudos to you for keeping going despite the numerous setbacks. A very interesting read and one I will follow as a new user, after posting some charts on here the thoughts are I may need an ASV also, we will see how it goes.

I hope the machine gives you some good nights to come!

Best,
Post Reply Post Reply
So far I am at 19 days from info passed from Duck's office, thru DME and to show ONLY the pre-auth request at insurance on 8/7/17. And that time does not include the PSG on June 30th; that would be 38 days from PSG to insurance SEEING pre-auth! Slow, ineffective process for some. I will admit I'm in need of an ASV, so it is expensive, but the insurance has yet to have the info until after 19 actual days. If one wants to count business days, 13 since DME has info to get it to insurance...still longer than they promised. A good thing I keep calling so they are rushing to get this done ASAP!

Oh-jeez Eat-popcorn Hammer Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
Call up the doctor and tell them you'll go crazy if you don't get some sleep.

When the doctor called me back with the results of my second sleep study (the titration where they establish the pressure you need) I missed the call, which was at about 4:00 pm. My only option was to wait 24 hours for the doctor to call me back, as that's what he told me I had to do in his voicemail.

I called his office the next morning, the staff had me come in for an appointment, I told the doctor I was going nuts from sleep deprivation. He told me it would take the DME at least a few days to sort through my insurance, but I heard him tell his nurse to put in a stat order with the DME. I got a call later that day from the DME. He brought the machine to my home that afternoon and I was sleeping with it that night.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty good results. I guess my only snag is my calls never reach the doc. It goes to someone who can give him a message then he will dictate a response back thru a secretary. FWIW several at my insurance have stated that upon arrival for pre-auth, they are going to expedite it's processing. As for the going crazy, I have arrived. With or without the prior unit, a BiLevel, I got between 2-3 hours, and I'm still there now. So, yep I'm certifiable.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 04:33 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I guess my only snag is my calls never reach the doc.

Right. You have to depend on the staff's compassion, which they usually have plenty of.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. I'll be calling today, in fact in about 30 minutes. The urgent need the doc kept pressing onto me should convey to acquisition of devices' timing. Besides, he'll be interested to learn he and I have a face-to-face visit next Monday to discuss how wonderful the ASV machine that I don't have has worked so far.

Eat-popcorn Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,810 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 959 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,146 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.