Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
RE: how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
And you said "I am not sarcastic on serious issues"
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 07:22 AM)bonjour Wrote: And you said "I am not sarcastic on serious issues"

Oops. Got caught I guess. Maybe I need to edit that to allow a "once in a while" exception given the circumstances.  Cool

now back to morning allowance of  Coffee

PS from a severely sleep deprived individual, maybe I'm certifiable. Quite serious, I do not feel good, great, or otherwise well at all. And at times, that triggers a dark sense of humor that prevents me from falling off the cliff when considering 4 major health concerns. If I ever cross the line of being inappropriate, I invite critical comments to adjust.

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
follow-up: Made the call to pulmonary duck office, appt canceled until ASV received, and I requested doc know why the appt needed canceled and that I am still very fatigued due to no Pap therapy. And I was very "Eddie Haskell-like" during the call.

Oops, sorry the sarcasm slipped again.  Oh-jeez Laugh-a-lot Keep smiling and breathing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
An update: Apria called just now to schedule my "class" for the ResMed ASV I'll get this Friday afternoon. Yahoo finally! And this after sleep lab stated that insurance pre-auth takes average of 7 days, my full approval took 2.5 days total and that for an ASV!

Grouphug3 thanks for your patience in dealing with crabby Dave. Virtual  Coffee on me.

Looking forward to posting results after getting it. Oh yeah and being able to sleep again would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's GREAT news Dave!

If it works as well for you as mine does, you're going to love it.

Let me know how it goes after a few nights adapting.

We can compare notes.

Oh, one more thing...

Make sure your mask seals well, because the pressure can go high at times.

Mine goes to 21, but only when it needs to correct my irregular breathing.

I'm using a dreamwear mask with the optional nasal pillows instead of cushion.

I might have to go to a full face mask to get a better seal (thinking Mirage Quatro).

When the machine detects leakage, it ups the pressure to compensate.

It gets really noisy through the vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy on that. Ridiculous but what a fight. IMO still ironic but insurance side was the super easy part. I should be able to post results from Saturday onward if things go as planned.

Dave

PS Mirage Quattro was mask 3 used in my PSG. It's listed on the script from the doc. But DME rep said we go over mask selection Friday. So that's great because mask is most important choice out of whole process IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 11:24 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: ...because mask is most important choice out of whole process IMO.

I feel that's true. The mask is the #1 comfort item; and if it isn't comfortable, many people give up.
The Mirage Quattro isn't for everyone; but I find it the best for me. Some people don't like the forehead brace; but, I find it stabilizes the mask from little left-right bumps; and, it allow micrometer-like adjustment of the upper seal at the bridge of the nose. Got a leak, a couple of clicks of the dial usually seals it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds interesting. Hope we're not drifting off topic. Still have Amara View and whatever I choose Friday.

So OK the assumption that I get the ASV this Friday gives 42 actual days from PSG to getting machine, 22 days from DME getting script to getting device. Again all literal days not biz days in my count.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jason, If your still around. It took me a month to get my first machine from a DME. The second machine from the internet took two days.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2017, 12:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sounds interesting. Hope we're not drifting off topic. Still have Amara View and whatever I choose Friday.

It's helpful to have a couple of different kinds of masks around. When I was starting out I'd get frustrated with one mask, switch to another for a few nights, then switch back. Adjustment of the straps is very important for a good fit.

On the issue of DME's providing false information, well, it seems it happens all too often. They have these little rehearsed tidbits that they use to respond to certain situations, sort of like a robot might do. For me, I have to keep my temper in check and always give them the benefit of the doubt. But not in a way that makes me yield from what I want. Sometimes I'll just find an excuse to end the conversation and tell them I'll call back later. It's frustrating when you know more about than they do, but of course, they think they are the ones who know more.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 617 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,818 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 964 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,208 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.