Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
RE: how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company?
I understand and agree fully. I try to be the same as you've stated. I operate on these calls with a bit more understanding because my last job was similar to the DME call job except as a credit card processor tech support. FWIW, I'm so glad we didn't have scripts; I had specific info/topics/direction for x vs y and the like. Otherwise I just winged it every call. And I think it helps me have an advantage as well because I jump in to "let's get me verified then we'll talk about my reason to call". It sets some off balance because their defenses are up as soon as the call starts it seems.

Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, from submission of script to the DME to getting the ASV was total of 23 days. And FWIW there was 19 days from push PSG to script submission. On the real feel chart it felt like 2 years.

Mornincoffee  Mornincoffee Mornincoffee Mornincoffee but I did GET the blower....yahoo.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kaiser issues directly at the sleep clinic.
Consumables and replacement parts are contracted through Apria, I would assume Kaiser gets the machines from Apria as well and just maintains stock.

So my process was a 3-night home sleep study.
Normally it's a single night, but my first night the numbers were not bad enough to justify writing the 'scrip, on the followup 2-night study I kicked over 12ahi and SPO2 dropped to 88 so they set me up.

They gave me a loaner machine and mask to use for 2 weeks to evaluate my tolerance to the therapy, and at the end of the 2 weeks took an orientation class, returned the loaner, and walked out with a new machine.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not too bad in wait time there at 2 weeks. Some have circumstances where they get new blowers very quick. So be it. My opinion is that even 2 weeks is a rather long wait for a PAP machine. I would think within 1 week should be best timing.
Post Reply Post Reply
And it's not that I was without a machine for those 2 weeks. The longest wait was the initial schedule for the sleep study... I think it was 2 weeks for the appointment, then a week from the study to the evaluation appointment where I got the loaner.

My wife was able to get her sleep study appointment within a week.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's better than mine, but it's all good now that I've got it. Ironically, the most recent seemed to be the longest wait likely as now I see the real value in being on therapy. G'night apnea board.

Dave B.
Post Reply Post Reply
Took about a week to get the device
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,

How's it going with your new machine?

The suspense is killing me  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Herb,

Good to very good so far even though it's only 2 days. First night 1 hr and 3:45 second; AHI was 2.9. Working on mask leaks and it feels like starting over due to the month and a half it took to get the ASV after the sleep study. The great thing is I got everything I asked for including heated hose and the SD card. My whole process was far less wait on insurance than the doctor and the DME getting things in order. And seriously, it was mostly the doctor who I feel is overwhelmed and too stubborn to admit it.

Note it pays to be persistent. I called daily after the script was passed to the DME rep. I felt I had to so things kept moving. And a FWIW the RT at Apria, specifically for me on the LOCAL level, is very good.

Sleep-well Dave B.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave,

Good to hear you're making progress.

Just wondering why such a short time during the night.

What's bothering you that keeps you from sleeping all night with the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 561 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,818 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Does Medicare Require An Annual Recertification of Medical Necessity? AndyB 10 964 11-17-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: AndyB
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,204 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.