Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long does it take to adapt to this?
My sleep doc is great. I could go on for a long time about why... but the one... make that two things... in hind sight I wish had been done differently. I'm not sure who should have done it, my doc, sleep tech or the DME - but I got essentially zero input on which mask and which CPAP machine to use. And very little "training" on how to use them.

The good news is, I have found the DME to be cooperative and my doc I am sure will listen to me when I do go back to see him in March and ask about a different machine (and maybe a mask depending on how it goes between now and then.)

Yes, I could ask to see my doc sooner, but I am thinking I need more time to study the machines etc.[/align]
Post Reply Post Reply
You wouldn't need to wait until then about the mask. The mask is, basically, between you, the DME, and your insurance. Most DMEs have a policy where someone can trial a mask for anywhere from a week to 30 days.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long a hose did you get? HalfAsleep 10 199 09-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SWsabre
Sad New and Need Advice - How long until I feel better? hjblackburn26 9 289 09-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [Equipment] How long before you found a suitable mask? u8myufo 9 401 09-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  how long did it take to get your machine from the medical supply company? jasonarmstrong 60 1,930 08-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Why am i getting a very high flow rate with long inhale, hold, and short exhale? sw33ttsunade 7 357 07-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Diagnosis] Long Time to Get Prescription for Machine Vesimir 39 1,429 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Vesimir
  How long does it take to get quality sleep Novello1234 5 413 06-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Novello1234