Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long to feel relief
RE: how long to feel relief
Re post #7: mouth more MOIST. Oops.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was just to mention the options, specially the tongue practice. 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find any SD slot on this machine, I was able to access my sleep data through the smart screen, says my AHI is 23.1, pressure is 12, i haven't found any info on how many events i have per night, but following some of everyone's advice i slept great last night, hopefully this keeps working, it's been so long I had forgotten what it felt like to wake up feeling good and in a good mood
Post Reply Post Reply
It says it uses infousb 2 to record data, I found some online for $35 ish, does anyone know if a ordinary usb can be used or is this some kind of proprietary storage usb?
Post Reply Post Reply
The good news is you had a night of sleep that felt good. The bad news is that you had an average of 23 events per hour, which means you have a ways to go to get the full benefits of treatment. (You should have an AHI under 5, preferably under 2.)

I hope someone will know how to help you get more data from your machine. Then the experts could help figure out what’s going on.

Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Doctor is really bad, she sent me for a sleep study, then didn't give me the results for over a month and a half and when they finally did by phone it was a medical assistant that just told me I needed a cpap, she didn't give me any info at all about severity or anything, 3 weeks later I received a call from I guess what is a vendor for Cpaps that said he was filling my order and could I come in for a fitting, the entire process has been terrible, from what I have read is you don't even get to own you cpap, the insurance company monitors your progress and determines if you get to keep it. My younger brother had a older machine and asked me if I wanted it so that's what I'm using now, I'm still undecided if I want to go through my insurance for a new one because it seems like a ripoff
Post Reply Post Reply
Jammer - here is a New Year resolution for you: Get more assertive with the medical industry. You are paying them to provide a service and they are not doing it. To a large extent your health is going to depend on how well you can master the CPAP therapy, and to do that you need some basic data.

First, you need to get a copy of your full sleep study report. That is the full report which runs to several pages and includes various charts and tables. Do not accept just the written summary. It is my understanding that the doc is obliged to provide you with this information under the HIPPA Act.

Second, get a hard copy of the prescription. This is what sets the basic pressure and other machine settings.

Once you have those documents, scan them and upload them here - we will be able to interpret them for you and provide some targeted advice (at the moment everybody is guessing). However before you upload, make sure that details such as your full name, date of birth, address etc etc are erased.

Next you need to talk to your insurance company and find out your exact entitlements. In many cases they will require to enter into a rent-to-buy contract where you pay monthly for 13 months, and after that the machine is yours. Other times they will pay for the machine up front. Find out what your situation is. You may find it's better to go with a brand new machine rather than the used one you have now.

From memory OSCAR does support the F&P Icon, but not the newer SleepStyle machine. Perhaps one of the development team could confirm that? I believe the F&P machines need a proprietary USB stick rather than an SD card. However an ordinary USB stick might work - it's worth giving it a try.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
My two cents: get the new machine. Ask for a ResMed Air Sense 10 Autoset. (Every word counts there, so use them all.) It will breathe with you very nicely, and using Oscar on the data will be a snap. Your apnea still isn't being treated, so as db says, you'll really benefit from pushing the doctor and the insurance to get what you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with DeepBreathing. Follow his suggestions to get your detailed sleep study and script. Get them, redact and post. They're your reports to claim legally.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2019, 11:46 PM)jammer521 Wrote: I couldn't find any SD slot on this machine, I was able to access my sleep data through the smart screen, says my AHI is 23.1,  pressure is 12,  i haven't found any info on how many events i have per night, but following some of everyone's advice i slept great last night, hopefully this keeps working, it's been so long I had forgotten what it felt like to wake up feeling good and in a good mood
This is a major success that you should embrace.  There are so many people who have made all sorts of tweaks, have great numbers, and still feel lousy.  Congratulations!

I assume the 23 AHI was prior to adjustments.  You should note what they are after your changes.  The 23 AHI are the number of events per hour.  Multiply that by the number of hours the machine was used and you get the total number of events.

I am a product of years of CPAP in the dark with no data available.  It was all guessing based on how a person felt.  It was both good and bad as if you felt great, you didn’t obsess over the numbers.  What is generally missed is going from an AHI of 50 or 60 to something like 6.  No comparison.

That said, it is much better to have real data to improve upon mere guessing.  So, enjoy your restful nights but make  the New Years resolution and start to get some data. Guessing can only do so much.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 217 Yesterday, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [Symptoms] long desaturations Mshull 4 166 04-16-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 127 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 269 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 478 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 194 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 988 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.