Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how to increase AHI during sleep study
RE: how to increase AHI during sleep study
they say if you don't use your cpap for 3 days prior to sleep test, that the body returns to baseline. It is a requirement for some testing.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min at 'med' median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: how to increase AHI during sleep study
i have heard the same thing as ajack, that the doctor even said, make sure you are not using the CPAP for 3 or more days.  just don't drive yourself.

also, some doctors do recognize that respiratory disturbances include Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERAs), and will prescribe CPAP therapy for RDI greater than 15.  RDI is the combination of the AHI and the RERAs.  I don't know if they would prescribe the surgery on the same basis, but it seem reasonable to me.  Consult your doc for this approach.

Large RERA score is actually way more common for the female.

Check in your Lab sleep test results for RERA if noted.

If you want to get an idea already what the RERA score would be, set your machine to APAP mode, and pressure min 6 and pressure max 6.5, and sleep with that setting for a couple days.  Your average RERA score and AHI score would probably pretty closely approximate what you sleep results would be.

Hope you will get needs met.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increase in PS or EPAP for reduced thinning flow rate graph Michaely6 14 275 04-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Michaely6
  Sudden Pressure Increase? capsnut 14 251 03-31-2019, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First sleep study tomorrow night, nervous! discojon 14 299 03-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: discojon
  Need advice about sleep study please discojon 9 326 03-14-2019, 05:11 PM
Last Post: discojon
  Home Sleep Study Rental - What online places/companies are best to use from personal My3rd3y3 0 185 03-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Last Post: My3rd3y3
  Just finished home study, but question about which CPAP test machine I tested? vroomvroom 16 443 02-22-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: vroomvroom
  ASV Titration Study ASVuser 0 144 02-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: ASVuser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.