Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how to increase AHI during sleep study
RE: how to increase AHI during sleep study
they say if you don't use your cpap for 3 days prior to sleep test, that the body returns to baseline. It is a requirement for some testing.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
RE: how to increase AHI during sleep study
i have heard the same thing as ajack, that the doctor even said, make sure you are not using the CPAP for 3 or more days.  just don't drive yourself.

also, some doctors do recognize that respiratory disturbances include Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERAs), and will prescribe CPAP therapy for RDI greater than 15.  RDI is the combination of the AHI and the RERAs.  I don't know if they would prescribe the surgery on the same basis, but it seem reasonable to me.  Consult your doc for this approach.

Large RERA score is actually way more common for the female.

Check in your Lab sleep test results for RERA if noted.

If you want to get an idea already what the RERA score would be, set your machine to APAP mode, and pressure min 6 and pressure max 6.5, and sleep with that setting for a couple days.  Your average RERA score and AHI score would probably pretty closely approximate what you sleep results would be.

Hope you will get needs met.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 72 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.