Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how to use sleepyhead - Help!
how to use sleepyhead - Help!
I am having so much trouble trying to set this up. I have downloaded and extracted the 64-bit version ( I do have a 64-bit computer). I have Windows 10. The file does not appear after I "extract" the exe file. What am I doing wrong? Also, a very dumb, basic question - what do I use to physically transfer the data from my CPAP (Resmed 10) to my computer, because the computer does not have a slot for the CPAP card to fit into? ie what kind of usb or whatever? the cpap has wifi, so couldn't the data be transferred that way?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how to use sleepyhead - Help!
(10-18-2015, 10:45 AM)Koobie Wrote: I am having so much trouble trying to set this up. I have downloaded and extracted the 64-bit version ( I do have a 64-bit computer). I have Windows 10. The file does not appear after I "extract" the exe file. What am I doing wrong? Also, a very dumb, basic question - what do I use to physically transfer the data from my CPAP (Resmed 10) to my computer, because the computer does not have a slot for the CPAP card to fit into? ie what kind of usb or whatever? the cpap has wifi, so couldn't the data be transferred that way?

Hey Koobie, I actually just setup this today on 64-bit Windows 10.

Here's what I did, I downloaded the latest Testing release for 64-bit which comes as a 7zip archive. 7zip is free to install if you don't have a program which can extract the archive.

Once downloaded, extract to a folder, (I just kept mine in my Downloads folder) and you should then just be able to double click on the SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe to run the application and create a profile.

As for the data transfer, if you do not have an SD card reader you will need to purchase one. These can be found fairly cheaply at Walmart or Target, even cheaper on Amazon if you are willing to wait for shipping.

I would post links but I can't as a just registered, PM me if you'd like links.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some links to help:

SleepyHead installation help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ad_Install

Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Also, when you download SleepyHead, make sure you're getting it from the official download site at:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Warning: Be careful about downloading SleepyHead from any sourceforge.com links-- sometimes they have "fake download buttons" that may install malware onto your computer.

If you'd rather download the files using the 7-zip format as SleepyBowler300 suggested above, you can get those here:

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/7z.htm

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also is does look like there are options available to transmit the SD card data wirelessly. Just browsing through it looks like it might be complicated. If you only have to pull the SD card weekly it's probably much simpler to use a USB card reader.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look carefully for a SD card slot on your laptop. It would be remarkable if it didn't have one.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the beginner references re: SD card and using Sleepyhead. But there is still something wrong with the download, as it is not coming up. I got a message missing msvcp120.dll. Do you know how I reinstall that?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 01:35 PM)SleepyBowler300 Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 10:45 AM)Koobie Wrote: I am having so much trouble trying to set this up. I have downloaded and extracted the 64-bit version ( I do have a 64-bit computer). I have Windows 10. The file does not appear after I "extract" the exe file. What am I doing wrong? Also, a very dumb, basic question - what do I use to physically transfer the data from my CPAP (Resmed 10) to my computer, because the computer does not have a slot for the CPAP card to fit into? ie what kind of usb or whatever? the cpap has wifi, so couldn't the data be transferred that way?

Hey Koobie, I actually just setup this today on 64-bit Windows 10.

Here's what I did, I downloaded the latest Testing release for 64-bit which comes as a 7zip archive. 7zip is free to install if you don't have a program which can extract the archive.

Once downloaded, extract to a folder, (I just kept mine in my Downloads folder) and you should then just be able to double click on the SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe to run the application and create a profile.

As for the data transfer, if you do not have an SD card reader you will need to purchase one. These can be found fairly cheaply at Walmart or Target, even cheaper on Amazon if you are willing to wait for shipping.

I would post links but I can't as a just registered, PM me if you'd like links.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions.

For this download, I am getting a message from Office that it couldn't install the Office program and asked if I had enough memory or if my internet worked. Of course, it is yes to both. I really can't figure this out. Thanks for the info on the SD card reader btw. Any other ideas about this download?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2015, 04:33 PM)Koobie Wrote: Thanks for the beginner references re: SD card and using Sleepyhead. But there is still something wrong with the download, as it is not coming up. I got a message missing msvcp120.dll. Do you know how I reinstall that?

You might have missed it since it's kind of buried, but on the SleepyHead download page (here) about mid-way down the page, it gives a solution for this issue:

Quote:
Missing DLL files?

If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" available at
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I just started using the sleepy head software. It looks pretty straightforward. 1 question. Will sleeping during the day affect how the reports and graphs are done. I work nights. My schedule is 4 days on and 4 days off. I sleep about 5 1/2. Hours a day for 4 days then i turn around and sleep about 7 hours a night for 4 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed will end the previous day at 12pm and start a new day. If your sleep transitions this time, you may see weird results. Sleepyhead has an option to change it in preferences but there is a caution.

[Image: resmed-sh-split.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.