Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidification water?
I have been using distilled water in my ResMed Airsense 10 for the last couple of years with no problems.  Since I use reversed osmosis/filtered water for my morning coffee, I have easier access to that and we keep a larger quantity on hand.  But can I use reverse osmosis/filtered water instead of distilled in my CPAP without a problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a lot of people that use bottled/tap water. Distilled water is good because it requires less cleaning, as dissolved solids are almost entirely removed. There is no harm in using other types of water but you may need to clean more. RO water would be better than tap/bottled but likely not quite as good as distilled.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2017, 11:14 AM)Farther Wrote: I have been using distilled water in my ResMed Airsense 10 for the last couple of years with no problems.  Since I use reversed osmosis/filtered water for my morning coffee, I have easier access to that and we keep a larger quantity on hand.  But can I use reverse osmosis/filtered water instead of distilled in my CPAP without a problem?

It may depend where you live. I lived in one country where even with reverse osmosis the water was salty. That's because the country's aquifer was below sea level and the country was next to the sea. Try enjoying a cuppa made with salty water....
Post Reply Post Reply

Using bottled water here ... at home and when traveling.
Works just fine, can't see the first bit of issue, not even a spot on reservoirs.
Post Reply Post Reply
RO water should be just fine. I used RO water in a room humidifier and only needed to clean it when putting it away in the Spring. If you get a buildup of minerals, then coat the bottom with a little vinegar or lemon juice, let it sit 20 minutes and rinse. All clean. Since I no longer keep acquariums, I sold the RO so get distilled.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using tap water since 2008. Never a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Water in my mask. VegasGMC 8 296 10-15-2017, 06:26 AM
Last Post: VegasGMC
  [Equipment] DreamStation Auto Humidification problem Giasdaddy2010 15 6,572 09-20-2017, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Healthkares
  Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset + Climateline humidification settings mogulman 5 256 09-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [CPAP] Adding anything to your water is strictly not advised. Hope all is well Enose 0 174 09-09-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Enose
  Resmed Airsense 10 Using Full Water Tank Every Night Nsquared1 21 1,211 09-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Tap vs distilled water HalfAsleep 25 888 08-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Anyone pre heat ttheir humidifier water before use? CPAPreturnee 10 751 08-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Homerec130