Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidifier
RE: humidifier
I can see where you are coming from. Actually, if I was using tap water, I'd dump it every day as well.  Why not? Distilled water isn't expensive, but it's a hassle to buy and I see little need to waste it by dumping every day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
When I was using distilled water, I didn't dump it every morning. I just topped it off at night before bedtime. Never any issue of course, with any kind or type of build-up in the reservoir.
Post Reply Post Reply
Distilled water is fine for more then a few days. Getting it however might be problematic, even when the water is $1 per gallon, or 2EUR per 1L where I live, the shipping cost is 5x the price of the water and then the delivery guy won't bring it upstair to the 2nd floor where my flat is because it's heavy, I can't lift anything myself so I just use Mineral water that gets delivered and carried to my flat by a private company.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, I wanted to follow up on the DIY pictures I posted previously. I shortened the tubes between the reservoir and the tank and connected it all together, but how there's a slow leak at the connection to the tank. I guess shoving tubes in holes with no other consideration may not really be sufficient in some cases. The original person who did this used a bulkhead-style connect. I may try that, or just throw a little silicone caulk around the place where it leaks. Will likely update this thread when I have more results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get rid of odor from not having water in humidifier? vroomvroom 3 114 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction johanlon 24 707 10-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Ultra
  Relationship between heated climateline and humidifier Glen e 0 71 10-24-2020, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Glen e
  How do you treat your humidifier? Rcgop 24 450 10-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  [Equipment] Humidifier not working bayrunner 1 126 09-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Resmed Airsense 10 Humidifier Settings For Comfort louman1961 5 223 09-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Anyone on here not use humidifier? Davidacarrick 11 452 09-13-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: mckawa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.