Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 12.0cmH2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
humidifier stopped working
I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.
03-12-2012 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

RE: humidifier stopped working
(03-12-2012 05:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote:  I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.
welcome to the forum.

have you tried removing the humidifier, unplugging the unit, letting it sit just like rebooting and then hooking everything back up? can't hurt to try.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 05:46 PM by greatunclebill.)
03-12-2012 05:46 PM
The Happy Dreamer Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11.5 cm H20 - 20 cm H20

Other Comments:

(03-12-2012 05:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote:  I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.

Have you looked at the trouble shooting guide that came with cpap?
03-12-2012 07:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
iSnooze Offline
Apnea Board Proofreader
Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics PR System One C-Flex+
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: also use a Comfort Gel Full Mask by Respironics

Sex: Female

Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

If your cpap is working and the humidifier is not working, then the humidifier has an airflow obstruction. Contact your DME.

I have the same humidifier and the comments above are from the user's manual.
03-12-2012 08:18 PM
kapebretoner Offline

New Members

Machine: Respironics System One
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 12.0cmH2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(03-12-2012 08:18 PM)iSnooze Wrote:  Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

If your cpap is working and the humidifier is not working, then the humidifier has an airflow obstruction. Contact your DME.

Yes my led humidifier icon is flashing. I have tried taking it apart and letting it set but it still does not work. I clean my machine weekly. I tried the troubleshooting section of the manual with no success.

I am not sure what DME stands for. I contacted the company that sold it to me and they suggested that I return the Item to them for troubleshooting. If they cannot fix it they will send it in for repairs for which I will have to pay for. I was wondering if I tried a new humidifier - if that would work.

I can get a new machine online for just over $600. not bad considering I paid $2300 for the one I have now. the air flows thru the humidifier but the humidifier does not warm the water
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2012 07:56 PM by kapebretoner.)
03-14-2012 06:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(03-14-2012 06:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 08:18 PM)iSnooze Wrote:  Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

Yes my led humidifier icon is flashing. I have tried taking it apart and letting it set but it still does not work. I clean my machine weekly. I tried the troubleshooting section of the manual with no success.

I am not sure what DME stands for. I contacted the company that sold it to me and they suggested that I return the Item to them for troubleshooting. If they cannot fix it they will send it in for repairs for which I will have to pay for. I was wondering if I tried a new humidifier - if that would work.

I can get a new machine online for just over $600. not bad considering I paid $2300 for the one I have now.

everything considered you may as well buy all new. suppose it gets repaired and don't work or you buy a new humidifier (not cheap) and if don't work. if you can afford it, its better to cut your losses and buy all new. you can keep the old cpap part of it as a backup. everybody has their favorite source. mine is supplier 6 where i bought my sys one auto w aflex and humidifier for 619. suplier list at the top of the page.

dme = durable medical equipment (short for the place that provided the equipment.)
03-14-2012 06:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does long term humidifier use affect lungs? Russatrice 5 136 Today 01:16 PM
Last Post: SleepyBee
  Beginning use with H5i humidifier Lanco 23 748 Yesterday 10:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 232 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Changes in how the machine has been working? Xinectyl 9 315 11-07-2016 12:02 PM
Last Post: Xinectyl
  Gunk and grit in humidifier. MrEGuy 11 496 11-07-2016 12:49 AM
Last Post: cands
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 389 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Dreamstation heated tube/humidifier initial settings. NorthernGuy 9 709 10-28-2016 09:21 AM
Last Post: Perchas