Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidifier stopped working
humidifier stopped working
I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: humidifier stopped working
(03-12-2012, 05:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote: I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.
welcome to the forum.

have you tried removing the humidifier, unplugging the unit, letting it sit just like rebooting and then hooking everything back up? can't hurt to try.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2012, 05:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote: I have a Respironics Remstar Auto System One with a system one humidifier. I am now getting this error message - There is no communication between the therapy device and the humidifier - I was wondering if I replaced the humidifier, would that solve the problem.

Have you looked at the trouble shooting guide that came with cpap?

Post Reply Post Reply
Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

If your cpap is working and the humidifier is not working, then the humidifier has an airflow obstruction. Contact your DME.

I have the same humidifier and the comments above are from the user's manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2012, 08:18 PM)iSnooze Wrote: Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

If your cpap is working and the humidifier is not working, then the humidifier has an airflow obstruction. Contact your DME.

Yes my led humidifier icon is flashing. I have tried taking it apart and letting it set but it still does not work. I clean my machine weekly. I tried the troubleshooting section of the manual with no success.

I am not sure what DME stands for. I contacted the company that sold it to me and they suggested that I return the Item to them for troubleshooting. If they cannot fix it they will send it in for repairs for which I will have to pay for. I was wondering if I tried a new humidifier - if that would work.

I can get a new machine online for just over $600. not bad considering I paid $2300 for the one I have now. the air flows thru the humidifier but the humidifier does not warm the water
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2012, 06:40 PM)kapebretoner Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 08:18 PM)iSnooze Wrote: Is the LED humidifier icon flashing? If so then there is no communication between the CPAP machine and the humidifier.

Yes my led humidifier icon is flashing. I have tried taking it apart and letting it set but it still does not work. I clean my machine weekly. I tried the troubleshooting section of the manual with no success.

I am not sure what DME stands for. I contacted the company that sold it to me and they suggested that I return the Item to them for troubleshooting. If they cannot fix it they will send it in for repairs for which I will have to pay for. I was wondering if I tried a new humidifier - if that would work.

I can get a new machine online for just over $600. not bad considering I paid $2300 for the one I have now.

everything considered you may as well buy all new. suppose it gets repaired and don't work or you buy a new humidifier (not cheap) and if don't work. if you can afford it, its better to cut your losses and buy all new. you can keep the old cpap part of it as a backup. everybody has their favorite source. mine is supplier 6 where i bought my sys one auto w aflex and humidifier for 619. suplier list at the top of the page.

dme = durable medical equipment (short for the place that provided the equipment.)
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Philipps Respironics System One A-Flex system. I'm not sure when the humidifier stopped working, but I noticed that my air passages were getting dry. Then I noticed that the humidifier light on top of my machine was flashing. I checked the manual, and learned that a flashing humidifier light means humidifier failure. After cleaning, re-seating, etc., I ordered a new humidifier. When it arrived, I plugged it in, but the light is still flashing with the new humidifier, and it still isn't working.

I don't want to buy a new machine... This device SHOULD last longer than 2 years, for the price I paid. Naturally, it is out of warranty by a few months. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Tip
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any sort of reset in the setup instructions that might help it work?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 701 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 331 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 192 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 478 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.