Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidifier stuck
humidifier stuck
I have been a cpap user for about 6 years recently my insurance company ordered a new unit it is the resmed autosense s10 and I have had it for about 6 weeks. Tonight I wanted to put more water in the humidifier but the humidifier is stuck, I cannot remove it by hand at all, I have removed it several times to refill in the time that I have had it and I am sure that it was not installed with any excess force. I am reluctant to pry it out for fear of damaging the machine.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: humidifier stuck
Hi lbkdrk
I don't have problem with the water chamber, does slide in and out of the machine easily
Maybe but unlikely, overheated and the metal get warped, anyway, talk to your DME
In the meantime, you can use the machine and turn off humidity
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had that problem, but I have looked inside the unit and there are no latches or connectors that could be damaged. There are two silicon gaskets for the air flow. I am sure you have tried wiggling it slightly side to side. My total guess is that as long as you don't crack the tank itself you should be good to try and gently pry it. YMMV

Of course if you do crack it I don't know how you will use your machine tonight, tape maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two bumps on the top which engage ramps on the inside of the case. I find that it comes out when I squeeze the top and bottom together and push down on the top before pulling it out. Right thumb on the coloured plastic piece, fingers underneath in the space provided; left hand holding down the machine. It still takes a bit of force to pull it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lbkdrk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you will be able to get your humidifier chamber out of your machine, but if you keep having trouble with this, you might call your DME and talk to them about it, since it is a new machine.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Please let us know if you figure this out.

First, be very careful to not spill water back into your blower unit.

I don't have an A10, but I have a vague recollection of someone having a similar problem and it having something to do with the two pieces of the tank not being closed together completely.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried pushing the tank in with the lid ajar and it closed when I inserted the tank. I would say either it's what Zonk said, the plate warped and jammed the tank or you need to apply more force to remove it. Try pushing it in, apply pressure to the top and bottom as if you are closing it and pull it straight out. If it still won't come out, take it back to your DME. It should be void of water by now.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
This just happened to me! I know this is an old thread but thought I would add my experience. I was using a humidifier that was about 8 months old and until the other day, it went in and came out of the machine perfectly (Resmed S10 Auto). Then, stuck! I finally got it out and threw it away after inspecting it. I could find nothing wrong with it. My spare humidifier which is not new but not very old is working perfectly. This is a great reminder to have spare parts!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a minor point of detail. Not the "humidifier", the water chamber. These are considered normal replacement items, and most insurance allows replacement at 6-month intervals. I have gotten many years of service, but nice to have a standby.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarification!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 190 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Stuck SD card Old Steve 6 442 01-16-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.