Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidity
I am learning that the right humidity setting is very important to my sleep and results.
Lately I have been mouth breathing with a FFM. Waking up with my mouth so dry it feels like Velcro, and my AHIs are going up from less than .5 to over 2.
I have my level set at 5, last month if I went up to 6 it would get water in the tube.
Since it got colder outside I am using my woodstove for heat. That is making my house like a desert. It just hit me last night at 4am that I need more humidity. Turned it up to 9 and I could breath better and didn't wake up mouth breathing the rest of the night. I think I can go higher tonight.
I need to buy something to give me the humidity level in my bedroom so I can adjust humidity levels based on a number rather than having to guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2016, 08:08 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I am learning that the right humidity setting is very important to my sleep and results.
Lately I have been mouth breathing with a FFM. Waking up with my mouth so dry it feels like Velcro, and my AHIs are going up from less than .5 to over 2.
I have my level set at 5, last month if I went up to 6 it would get water in the tube.
Since it got colder outside I am using my woodstove for heat. That is making my house like a desert. It just hit me last night at 4am that I need more humidity. Turned it up to 9 and I could breath better and didn't wake up mouth breathing the rest of the night. I think I can go higher tonight.
I need to buy something to give me the humidity level in my bedroom so I can adjust humidity levels based on a number rather than having to guess.

You can purchase a Hygrometer to use in your bedroom.

I bought one at Amazon, very cheap, and keep it in my room to measure humidity.
I also run a separate room humidifier if needed.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will check Amazon

Post Reply Post Reply

When we used to use wood heat, we would keep a kettle or large pan of water on top of the stove to add moisture to the room. It works great if the stove has a flat top surface. Other than that, add the climateline heated tubing and/or fleece cover for your hose. It makes a huge difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto or Manual Temp Humidity Control? nanbar 8 401 07-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: foss
  Humidity tank levels CPAPreturnee 3 256 07-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [CPAP] Any relationship to humidity level and AHI? Ticman1 4 388 06-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Ticman1
  Missing Humidity Menu on ResMed Elite Breatheasy ZZZZZzzzelda 5 304 05-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Last Post: ZZZZZzzzelda
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 10 1,203 01-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: bry248
  Hose Temperature/Humidity Logic Question bluemom51 8 914 12-21-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: chill
  New to CPAP and having humidity and mask fit issues shylock31 6 633 12-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: shylock31