Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

humidity control - summer vs winter
humidity control - summer vs winter
does "auto" mode adjust for variations in room temp & humidity or is it best to reduce humidity & temp for the summer months?  seems like minor moisture droplets appear in the mask in the summer.
thanks
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed airfit P10 mask,chin strap,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: humidity control - summer vs winter
I rely on automatic settings until I see evidence that demands manual intervention. More specifically, my device does not track humid summer nights well unless I keep the window closed to reduce environmental variability.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: humidity control - summer vs winter
(06-01-2022, 05:49 AM)cberistain Wrote: does "auto" mode adjust for variations in room temp & humidity or is it best to reduce humidity & temp for the summer months?  seems like minor moisture droplets appear in the mask in the summer.
thanks

There is a humidity sensor in the machine used to adjust the amount of heat delivered to the water. You will probably need to turn down the heat, though, if you're getting rain out.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody having issues with congestion should look into their humidity setting CorruptAlligator 5 568 06-16-2022, 08:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Rainout issues - OSCAR and humidity + temp data fumugu1234 2 216 05-28-2022, 10:50 PM
Last Post: kappa
  DS 2 (520X110C with heated tube) Humidity todivefor 3 192 05-23-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  [Equipment] Taking control of CPAP JazG 2 196 05-15-2022, 09:52 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Backup Battery Recommendation for High Pressure and Humidity Johnnyde94 22 2,391 05-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  DS1 and DS2 - Are the Filters and Humidity Tank Interchangeable? brianc18t 2 174 04-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [Equipment] Resistance Control setting for Resmed AirFit F20 aolamid 5 575 02-10-2022, 04:45 PM
Last Post: hegel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.