Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Backup - Oscar
Backup - Oscar
I have been backing up my data by saving the OSCAR_Data from my documents.  This is about 2GB's with two years worth of data. I have it in the cloud and 2GB's is pretty large. There are two other options under "File".  Export Data-CSV Export Wizard which produces a file less than 1MB.  The other backup option under "File" section is backup journal which is also a very small file. Does one of these two backup options under the File section capture all of the data for backup purposes?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup - Oscar
Nope! Neither of those options will capture enough data to recreate the OSCAR graphs and overview displays.

To backup enough data to rebuild the OSCAR database, you need to copy and save somewhere else the Backup folder for each machine in your Profiles folder: -> OSCAR_Data/Profiles/pholynyk/ResMed_221416xxxxx/Backup <- in my case.

That Backup folder is about half the size of my Profiles folder. It's still too large to conveniently copy to the 'cloud'; I would suggest a couple of cheap USB sticks. Faster to create, and cheaper to store without monthly charges.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 169 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Automatic Wi-Fi SD Card backup? YouTakeMyBreathAway 1 654 01-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11 ApneaticBill 39 2,545 12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  How to Backup Oscar for Fresh OS Install mcman56 1 594 09-28-2022, 08:49 AM
  Restore Backup CPAP data ken.r 0 544 09-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ken.r
  Backup files ela1301 1 664 04-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: kappa
  Backup ela1301 1 592 01-20-2022, 08:07 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.