Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Odd data issue with Respironics System One INFO screen
Odd data issue with Respironics System One INFO screen
I have had my Philips Respironics System One for just over 3 months. I've used it every single night since I brought the unit home from my DME provider, Apria Healthcare. I have 100% compliance with an average of between 6 to 7 hours per night.

Upon waking up every morning, I check the LCD INFO screen on the unit to see the number of hours of therapy I received, my AHI and the pressure delivered (my machine is set for Auto).

Just about 2 weeks ago I started to experience an intermittent issue wherein all the data pertaining to that night's CPAP use is 0.00. It's happened roughly 4 times in the last 2 weeks and neither Apria or my insurance provider can figure out why data is not being reflected in the INFO screen for those particular nights. And though the info is not reflected on the System One screen, my insurance provider has told me that data is indeed being transmitted (via the attached modem) to Apria and to the insurance company.

The insurance company respiratory therapist suggested that the time at which transmission of data takes place seems to have been changed to the early morning hours (between 5 AM and 7 AM) which she believes is resulting in that night's data being reset to 0.00. Apria has given me no useful information and no resolution to the issue.

Do you think that my insurance company is correct that the actual transmission of data is somehow zeroing out the data that I'm able to see on the System One INFO screen, or, is there a problem with the CPAP machine itself?

At this point I'm not sure how to pursue this issue as Apria has been quite useless in trying to diagnose and fix the issue. Any pointers you might have would be very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Odd data issue with Respironics System One INFO screen
Hi akmedia,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar enough with the problem you are having but hang in there, someone will know how to help you and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you thought about downloading software to read your data on your computer and looking at it to see if indeed information is being recorded throughout the night? Most of us use SleepyHead and it is a free download from source forge.org.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this is a factor, but on most modern data-recordable CPAPs, the "day" ends at 12 noon. This is so the entire night's of sleep is recorded under one date, rather than a night's sleep being split up from bedtime to 12 midnight (separate date) and the following "date" (after midnight).

I'd see if you can't get them to set the machine so that it sends data home sometime after 12 noon the following day, rather than between 5-7 am.

And, like iSnooze said, download the SleepyHead software (HERE) and check for yourself what is really going on.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If not mistaken, unlike S9 ... PRS1 clock set to GMT time and data not updated on the LCD until noon GMT time

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies.

I have indeed downloaded SleepyHead and I'm also now registered and using EncoreAnywhere (which has almost no useful info). SleepyHead has confirmed that all of my data is being recorded on the SD card and is also being transmitted to my DME and insurance company accurately. The only issue is the intermittent problem with the onscreen data on the REMStar 560.

I spoke with Philips tech support (my DME had no useful info) and they confirmed that one must view the onscreen data within 30 minutes of final wake and, with regard to the zeroing out of data, he said that there may be some validity to the suspicions of my insurance company's respiratory therapist that the attached modem was transmitting data during my sleep cycle and therefore altering the display of data.

The transmit time, which seemed to be around 5:30 AM, is set by the DME but they were unable to confirm that or help change it. The Philips tech said, however, that the transmit time can be altered by pressing the SEND button on the modem to force transmission. Since it transmits every 24 hours automatically, forcing transmission resets the clock from whatever time you've pressed the SEND button. Now my transmission time is set for 5:00 PM in the afternoon and should not interrupt my onscreen display during my sleep cycle. We'll see...

This morning it worked but I will keep the board posted...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 15 465 2 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 331 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,620 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 342 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 119 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 390 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,861 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.