Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

i'm new here [mask differences w/ Bilevel]
i'm new here [mask differences w/ Bilevel]
Hello, I've been doing bipap therapy since may. My initial sleep study was done at home and Dr said I had severe apnea and i stopped breathing 79 times per hr. the first week or two i had a pico mask and my ahi number was over 5 but since i got a resmed n20 airfit ahi had been under 5. Now about how i feel, It did help the mid day tiredness but not at the level drs had said it would. I will try to attach a couple days of sleepyhead and see how that goes.

[attachment=9285][attachment=9286][attachment=9287]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: i'm new here
Well that turned out weird.Anyway.If someone can make any suggestions as to adjustments it would be appreciated.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, med64. I can’t help you with your charts but I do want to say welcome to the forum. Someone will be along shortly to help you.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi med64. Welcome! I am not as proficient with bipap machines so I will let others more experienced with them give you comments.

What I will say is your numbers are not bad at all and in fact quite good for the most part. So you should feel good about your Apnea being held well under control. Sometimes chasing the lowest AHI number is not worth it as your quality of sleep can be impacted. For example, some folks are obsessed with trying to get a 0 AHI number but that does not necessarily mean you are getting a good sleep since the settings required to do that may cause more sleep disturbances than it would be worth. Concentrate instead on how you are feeling. Not everyone experiences earth shattering differences in their well being with treatment and the changes could be so gradual that you hardly notice it since there is an acclimatization period. So you may not realize now just how much worse you felt before your were treated.

There could probably be some minor optimizations that can be done here but I will let the experts with your particular machine comment on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: i'm new here [mask differences w/ Bilevel]
I fixed the attachments so they are on their own line. Also updated the subject line so you get the help you need.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: i'm new here [mask differences w/ Bilevel]
Thank you.Overall i do feel better than i did before the machine.In 2016 I had a stroke,I was 50.its been a roller coaster since then.Ive gained about 95 lbs. I seem to pop awake most times around 330 am sometimes i fall right back out and sometimes it might take 2 hrs. My original settings were 12 and 24 at 4ps.Ive messed with that a bit. The problem was the mask was blowing off my face. I posted the sleepyhead charts to see if anything stood out as remarkable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 175 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman
  Bilevel ASV - Resuming After Septoplaasty Dread 130 8,161 03-13-2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,830 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.