Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP)
iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP)
Afternoon all,

After losing weight (185 to 165) and being able to reduce my minimum pressure on APAP from 8cm to 6cm, I have been exploring options for going off CPAP now my requirements seem lower.

Tonight I will be trying my new iNAP device in conjunction with APAP set to 4cm minimum to see what happens throughout tonight's sleep.

I have played around with the iNAP and can create a seal easily enough, and have access to change the negative pressure and intensity levels myself and I've settled on a setting that is both comfortable and feels fairly strong, however I can still make snoring noises very easily so I don't hold out much hope if I'm honest. 

Depending on how it goes I may run this test over the next 5-7 days depending on how much the Resmed does or doesn't want to takeover, and what success I have in keeping the seal with the iNAP during my sleep.

I think this is the only concrete way to test the iNAP sufficiently. If it seems to work I have a Sunrise Sleep Apnea test I'll use without the Resmed and just the iNAP but let's not get too far ahead eh.. I'll report back tomorrow.

Wish me luck, as I haven't heard of one single successful iNAP report and I fully expect to return it shortly, since it only seems to reduce events and not outright eliminate them in studies, and clearly the device isn't for everyone.

My assumption is it may help those who toungue retaining devices work for, since that's all it seems to do despite the claims of bringing the full pallete forward - it only feels to me like on the strongest setting that it's only keeping the toungue at the front roof of my mouth and nothing else - something I can achieve without the iNAP if I put the effort in to be honest.

Anyway, let the experiment begin.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP)
Do you have an update?
Post Reply Post Reply
Update?
Post Reply Post Reply
It killed them!

I'm interested in it as well... I have recently started having tongue related EFL... this looks like a good solution, something like it had occurred to me before.  I used to never get mouth leaks... since I've aged (been on cpap for 15 years now) I started with the 'waking with the dry mouth' thing... in other words, mouth leaks.  Then I got on OSCAR and found the flat-topping and flow limitations... now when I wake in the morning I'm relaxed enough to induce a EFL event supine or on my left side... for some reason it doesn't seem to happen as much on my right side, but I have to toss and turn, my arms go to sleep etc.  And mouth taping turns out to make it worse... and higher pressures (up to 16cm right now, with full-face) doesn't seem to help either.  I guess tonight I'll try opening my mouth when I roll over onto the left side.  Using Simplus large and AS10.

I'll follow up here with my sleep waveforms when I go upstairs to my OSCAR computer.  Still haven't looked at how much it costs, or even whether I can get it here in Texas.  More later.
Post Reply Post Reply
They don't make it easy to find!  It's twice as expensive as an AS10 C2C... 1200USD.  For what you get I think that's a bit much... but I'm gagging on my tongue at night.  We'll see.  Of course it requires a prescription too... and it has to be faxed to a phone number... I have a scrip, but only a cellphone!  So last-century.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 45 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 125 8 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 89 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,426 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.