Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

European travel and Airsense 10 connection
European travel and Airsense 10 connection
What will have to be done to insure my Airsense 10 will connect. Or will it just store the info on the sim card and connect when I return to the U.S ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: European travel and Airsense 10 connection
Offhand I do not have the sheet which lists the cell protocol of the modem, I'm sure someone will chime in that does but if your Airsense cell is not compatible with the cell service overseas it will continue to store your efficacy data on the SD card and transmit it when the you return to the US and plug it in. Assuming where you plug it in has cell coverage.

Edit: It uses 2G GSM. Anywhere that is supported your CPAP cell modem should work. There are web sites where you can look up where that is supported.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently traveled with my Air Mini in Spain and Portugal. It must have been connecting since I had reports on the phone app when I checked them - I am not obsessive about tracking these numbers as I had many many years where such data was unknown/unavailable on a regular basis. I guess I should mention I did nothing special to get it to report. Just plugged it in as usual.
Post Reply Post Reply
I googled using the words "gsm coverage map" and found sites that included a map per country. Seems to be supported in most European countries. The site I viewed is a commercial site so I can't post the link.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2019, 06:04 PM)johnsnoreba Wrote: What will have to be done to insure my Airsense 10 will connect. Or will it just store the info on the sim card and connect when I return to the U.S ?

I don't think the US autoset 10 will connect to my air whilst travelling as the European autoset has a different modem. It will store the data and upload to myair when you return home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful not to have active data roaming if you don't want to be forced to sell your home to pay indecent phone operators, sell the Megabit to people from other countries at the price of Iranian caviar.

When I travel to the U.S. I have to disconnect the data roaming, they are just as usurious as in Europe.

Remember that you must be contracted with your data packet company to use in a foreign country.

You will find that the knowledge of your CPAP data on your trip in Europe is not going to compensate for the economic disappointments you may carry with you.

Use Wifi, there is in almost all places for free

Welcome to Europe
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use this service at all, but I understood all the connection and data costs for MyAir are borne by Resmed. The actual cost will depend on your local carrier and their foreign partner, and what sort of deal they cook up between them. My phone charges me a few cents a megabyte for data in most places I've visited. SWMBO has a Vodaphone service and get slugged $50 per Mb Shock

I also don't know whether (or for how long) a 2G GSM modem will continue to operate. Australia pulled the plug on 2G recently as being obsolete, so I imagine most countries won't be far behind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend Micro Travel CPAP Bluetooth Not Connecting Nvbdl 0 57 04-09-2024, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Nvbdl
  European ResMed CPAP blocked from updating to US phone app fuzz 10 673 02-13-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PC connection Weinmann SOMNObalance fails HoogendoornJH 5 974 01-24-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: gblin
  How to clear Z1 travel cpap faults? Motorheadrulz 2 2,179 08-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  European AirCurve 10 VAUTO - Can somebody unlock please sleep2023 4 905 07-06-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Wellue/Viatom Checkme O2 connection problem AndyB 18 2,562 06-04-2023, 07:03 AM
  New Router Lost FlashSD Connection gumleafau 2 496 03-28-2023, 04:23 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.