Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

importing from CMS50D+ to sleepyhead on mac
RE: importing from CMS50D+ to sleepyhead on mac
(02-19-2016, 01:37 PM)jhtrader Wrote: Having the same problem that you were having with the CMS50D+ and my Macbook. I see you posted the link for the download and they removed it and put it on the wiki but I can't find it. Can you please repost or point me in right direction to find it in wiki.
Thank you
Josh

Hi -- for various reasons it's not OK to post links to products on this website. You can find the driver, though, by doing a search for the following:

CP2102 driver mac

this should bring up a Silicon Labs site where you can find the driver.

I hope this works for you.
Even smart people make mistakes
Only wise people learn from them
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2016, 02:39 PM)dottore Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 01:37 PM)jhtrader Wrote: Having the same problem that you were having with the CMS50D+ and my Macbook. I see you posted the link for the download and they removed it and put it on the wiki but I can't find it. Can you please repost or point me in right direction to find it in wiki.
Thank you
Josh

Hi -- for various reasons it's not OK to post links to products on this website. You can find the driver, though, by doing a search for the following:

CP2102 driver mac

this should bring up a Silicon Labs site where you can find the driver.

I hope this works for you.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2015, 04:43 PM)dottore Wrote: In that window, find USB on the left side and click it. This should tell you that your USB port has a USB to UART Bridge Controller. If it doesn't tell you that, then you either don't have the right cable, or its broken or not plugged in and you will need to fix that before going further.
Thanks dottore, very helpful.
I had already installed a driver, but SleepyHead was still failing to upload data from my CMS50D+. Using System Information helped me identify a USB port on my Mac that responds to the Oximiter. I have 2 USB 3.0 ports, which occasionally stop working. (This is a Mac OS X or Mac firmware bug.) I also have a couple of USB hubs daisy-chained from one USB port, and found that my Oximiter responds to a hub but not to a USB on-board the Mac.
Here's another couple of things that helped me, which might help others:
1. You can debug whether your Oximiter can send data to the Mac by using SleepyHead in real-time mode. Click Oximitry -> 'record attached to computer ...', connect your Oximiter, and check whether you see real-time data.
2. SleepyHead is configured to ignore short sessions. The default in v1.0.0-beta-2 is 5 minutes. Thus, if you're debugging and trying to upload short sessions they will be ignored. To adjust the duration threshold for ignoring sessions, click SleepyHead -> Preferences -> Import and adjust under "Ignore Short Sessions". SleepyHead developers, I encourage you to generate a warning dialog when a short session is ignored.
Arthur
Post Reply Post Reply
good post, Arthur. It's important that you documented that the Oximeter is working with a hub but not the port on the mac itself (at least in your case). If you can, post the model of the hub. That detail may be helpful to some other poor sod who is struggling to make the oximeter work.
Thanks, D.
Even smart people make mistakes
Only wise people learn from them
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a Mac, and have done everything listed. I was able to load data, twice in a row, for some short test sessions. But when I actually slept with the oximeter last night, and tried to upload the data, I couldn't save it! I even deleted all the data and Sleepyhead software, reinstalled, relocked, etc. I could import the data. But it still won't Finish & Save! Any ideas?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Try SleepyHead -> Oximetry -> Record attached to computer overnight ...
Then check SPO2 graph and "SpO2 drop events". See if you have the same problems I report in my 05-29-2017, 01:16 PM post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209439
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Arthur. I have the newest driver from there. Just installed it last night. Tried what you suggested, but it didn't save anything, and when I tried the regular upload after that it crashed! I'm so frustrated. I don't want to lose the data on the device and have to wait another 24 hours to try again...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm frustrated too.
You can check whether there's a data connection between your oximeter, computer and sleepyhead by viewing your real-time data.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does record live. Just won't sync and save. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
You need these I think...
Search for usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers Silicon UART

Check this thread 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ead-on-Mac

You can import into sleepyhead fine on the mac but you need that driver.

However, as far as I know they (Contec) don't have a version of their own software for Mac.
If you can use a virtual machine.

Good luck, I think that will fix you up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 334 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 363 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.