Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
I tried importing my oximetry  data into Oscar and no files were found. I then opened sleepyhead, it found the files and I was able to import them. I am not sure what is happening but does any one have any suggestions.

Thank you, car54
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
I am having the same problem, works on SH but not on Oscar.  Anyone know why and how we can solve this?
Is there a wiki that goes through the steps for transferring the oximetry data to Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the oximetry updates didn't make it into the first version of OSCAR, but I will need a little more information to make sure everything is fixed in the next version.

Which oximeter are you using?
It sounds like you are trying to do a file import, so what is the exact filename(s) you are using?

Meanwhile, I will continue to compare all my source files, and also work on decoding the changes introduced by Contec's latest firmware versions.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the contec 50 e
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the CMS-50F. The file name is bjl_201906160436.spoR. It is found in  This PC-OS©-ProgramFiles(x86)-SpO2-Data. When I import it with sleepyHead it shows all the files I can import. When I try importing through Oscar it shows no files to import
Post Reply Post Reply
I will have to do more checking, but it looks like a FileDialog default changed from 'case insensitive' to 'case sensitive'. The list of acceptable names is <*.spo *.spor *.spo2 *.SpO2 *.dat>.
If you change the extension to one of the above, the files should import correctly.
I will follow up on this.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried renaming it but it wont let me do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the ProgramFiles folder (and its subfolders) is usually protected from user tampering... I would suggest you copy the oximeter data files out to a in one of your own folders, and then tell the SpOAssistant to save new files out there, instead of within the ProgramFiles directory tree.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing something similar. I had to download a new copy of SpO2 Assistant, and if there was any initial step of setting up a profile, I skipped it. Assistant saved the file in the place mentioned above, and my problem was finding it to copy it to the other system that runs OSCAR. Looking in the data folder, no files.

Looked again in SpO2 Assistant, and saved file begins with an underscore, I think this makes it hidden on Windows. Solution was to read the file from disk with SpO2 Assistant again, and use "Save As"to save a viewable file name.

Perhaps if I had made a profile, an identifier would be "prepended" to the underscore. Seems like not an OSCAR issue.

Or maybe I've just described a different problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just did a "save as" into a folder where I keep my SpO2 archived data. Today's file is named "200420-21.SpO2". The 50F and SpO2 Assistant manuals weren't much help, but OSCAR (1.1.0) 's Oximetry Wizard just gobbled it up, much to my surprise. Raw data appears to be in some highly-compressed format that is unusable with something like Excel, unfortunately.

Graphed data was unremarkable, which is probably a good thing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 57 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 429 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 567 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.