Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
RE: importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
Thank you, PhoebeAnn. It is good to her about successes.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI...
I use Spo2 Assistant in Win10 also (VM).  The data files that it writes from my oximeter import are stored in a different location.  The complete path is:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V3.0.4\Data

It writes SpO2, csv, and txt files in this directory every time I do an import.  OSCAR can import from this location also. It may be slightly different if you are using a different version of SpO2 Assistant.

HTH....

Edit: Added screenshot

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Linux (Kubuntu). Oscar 1.1.0 can import direct from Contec CMS50F oximetry data. Thanks to developers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2020, 05:55 PM)PhoebeAnn Wrote: I just did a "save as" into a folder where I keep my SpO2 archived data. Today's file is named "200420-21.SpO2".  The 50F and SpO2 Assistant manuals weren't much help, but OSCAR (1.1.0) 's Oximetry Wizard just gobbled it up, much to my surprise. Raw data appears to be in some highly-compressed format that is unusable with something like Excel, unfortunately.

Graphed data was unremarkable, which is probably a good thing.

If you drill down in Program Files there is a part or branch of the directory tree marked with "(x86). From there, going deeper, SpO2 Assistant does save a CSV file with raw data. Sorry, this response is not more definite, but I think (if you do want to see/massage raw data) you will find it with these clues. The route may be "Program(86)Files". Maybe someone else can be more clear.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I had this thing figured out, after last week's success, but I tried to do it again last night, and spent an hour this morning going nuts trying to extract the data from the oximeter and put it in my data folder as I (thought) I did a week ago.

I'm using SpO2 Assistant 3.0.5. I click on the big DB9 connector icon and then Connect. Immediately, the "Finger Out" Alarm goes off. Well, duh, it's been going off on the oximeter as soon as I took my finger out. Maybe I should have turned it of first? Dunno.

Then I go to File->Device Stored Data-> (select User Index) Receive Data. Alarm still alarming. The data is apparently received, so now all I want to do is to store in in my folder with a name I choose, but File->Store As is grayed out, as is darn near any other file manipulation option listed. Somehow I got into a Save File window, where it had generated a filename, but there was no way to select a folder. I said Save, or OK, whatever, anyway, and it saved. Something. Somewhere. Their filename didn't show up in any Windows Explorer Search of all storage volumes.

I gave up, and used OSCAR's Oximetry Wizard to import the data directly from the device.

If anybody has a concise description of how to simply get the data off the device and into a selected file on the computer using SpO2 Assistant, I'd love to see it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It almost sounds like you didn't select the checkbox, "View device stored data only" at the bottom of the DB9 screen.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I did at least once. I checked every box I could find at least once. I'll try again in a week or so; the strap on my original unit fell apart, so it no longer can be strapped on my wrist. Returned, replacement on the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
@PhoebeAnn, in File Explorer (Windows Explorer) try turning on the options for "File name extensions" and "Hidden Items".
In Win10 those settings are under the View tab, just tick the boxes.
Then try searching for *.SpO2 again and see if anything shows up.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Jeff. Those are supposed to be the default settings for me, but a recent Microsoft update seems to have changed them. I'll fix that and try again, but when I was looking this time, I did a system-wide search for *.SPO2 and only found the ones I knew about. I should have been a plumber.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that you have your hidden files turned back on....

If your usual File Explorer search still turns up nothing, then try using File Explorer and navigate to the hidden VirtualStore directory.
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

Windows forces some 32 bit apps to write data to VirtualStore.  SpO2 Assistant is one of those apps.  There is no warning that Windows is doing it, and while your using SpO2 Assistant it looks like all your files are in one place, but they are not.  And they may still not show up using the Search function of File Explorer, but you can click your way through the directories to get there.
The default install of SpO2 Assistant places your data directory in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V3.0.5\Data" but Windows will not let you write there, so it forces the VirtualStore location.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 159 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 139 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 337 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 568 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.