Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
RE: importing oximetry in Oscar problems.
Yup, there it is. Can I change the default location that SpO2 Assistant uses? I have a good idea what the answer to that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you uninstall the app then do a custom install to a new location that will work I installed mine to C:\SPO2
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2019, 03:58 PM)car54 Wrote: I am using the CMS-50F. The file name is bjl_201906160436.spoR. It is found in  This PC-OS©-ProgramFiles(x86)-SpO2-Data. When I import it with sleepyHead it shows all the files I can import. When I try importing through Oscar it shows no files to import

I use also CMS-50F. Oscar 1.1.0 can import data from it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2020, 05:05 PM)PhoebeAnn Wrote: Yup, there it is. Can I change the default location that SpO2 Assistant uses? I have a good idea what the answer to that is.

I'm not aware of any way to change the default save location from within SpO2 Assistant.  In File Explorer I just pinned that VirtualStore location for the Data folder to Quick Access, instead of having to drill down through the directories every time.

As unidee said, OSCAR will import your SpO2 files just fine from that VirtualStore location, now that you know where to look.

jaswilliams has another good alternative.  As long as it's not reinstalled in another "Protected" location, meaning only Administrator has full access, Windows will leave it alone.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Importing oximetry problems with 50F.
I returned my first 50F when the wrist strap latch broke; the replacement is Version 6.1. As soon as I turn it on, it flashes a "Finger Out" alert. If I don't have anything plugged into the USB port, or if the USB cable is plugged in, the "Finger Out" alarm sounds. I turned Alarms OFF, but that had no effect. Only when I plug in the sensor and stick my finger in it, does the alarm go off. I started recording, and in the morning I set Recording OFF, plugged in the USB cord (the alarm came on again), and plugged it into the PC.

Oximetry Wizard first told me there was no valid data on the 50F, so I tried to use SpO2 Assistant.  I started SpO2 Assistant (v. 3.0.5), and as soon as I Connected to it, the "Finger Out" alarm started. I can't get rid of it. I fussed with that for an hour or so. Somewhere along the line it claimed it saved a session on the PC (which is nowhere to be found).

So, with no success in any form with SpO2 Assistant, I fired up Oximetry Wizard again, and it downloaded the session data without complaint.  "Finger Out" is still flashing.

I hate this thing. Contect has (wisely) not mentioned any customer support contact information that I can see.

If anybody has a step-by-step "Oximetry for Dummies" Baedeker they'd like to share, I'd love it.

Maybe this social isolation thing is getting to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you have a defective unit. Does it ever NOT say "Finger Out"?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you press and hold the button for a second or two, it should go to the menu, at least.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2020, 01:22 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Sounds like you have a defective unit. Does it ever NOT say "Finger Out"?
Yes. When my finger is in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2020, 01:51 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you press and hold the button for a second or two, it should go to the menu, at least.
It does. It looks like it's OK in all respects, except for the glitches noted.
Post Reply Post Reply
My oximeter always displays Finger Out under one of two conditions:
  1. My finger is not in the sensor
  2. The USB/UART cable is plugged in to transfer data to computer.
That's the way it has been since I got it.  Presumably it's normal.
As for the alarms on the oximeter, there are two of them.  One for low O2 levels, and the other for Pulse.  You can turn both off in the settings and the Oximeter should never make another sound.

The other alarm is coming from SpO2 Assistant when you have the oximeter plugged into the computer.  After you click the DB9 icon to connect to the oximeter, on the next screen you have to check the "View Device Stored Data Only" box.  Otherwise it will connect to the oximeter in Live Mode and the alarms set in SpO2 Assistant will start beeping.  The 50F is not capable of doing a live recording to the computer since the USB/UART cable is being used to connect it to the computer instead of the sensor.  There is no way to connect the sensor AND the USB cable at the same time so it's one or the other.
On the next screen select the recorded data to import.  When it's done it should go back to the original screen with the DB9 and Folder icons.
Now select the Folder icon to open the data you just imported into SpO2 Assistant.  A window should open showing all the available SpO2 files, choose one then the Graph/Report should open showing all the details.

If you are only tryng to get your oximeter data into OSCAR then you do not need to use SpO2 Assistant first.  Just hook your oximeter to your computer, turn the oximeter on, then open OSCAR.  Import your CPAP data first.  Then open the Oximetry Wizard in OSCAR and click the "Import directly from a recording device" and it should begin the import.
Oscar can also import the SpO2 files directly from that VirtualStore hidden directory I mentioned a few posts back.

Hope this demystifies some of it......
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 47 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 152 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 335 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 564 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.