Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Quite a Story!
Gross 
Quite a Story!
I came across a wild report from Police State USA on Facebook, and I was curious how other Apnea Board members would react. I'm not allowed-or yet allowed-to post clickable links, so I will say it's the one claiming a trucker has been involuntarily and unnecessarily forced to use CPAP, and who's allegedly suffering as a result while having his privacy invaded by his licensing agency. If you care to Google their website, it's a wild read.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quite a Story!
Hi Raejean,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
"FORCED" compliance is a bad thing and it leads to rebellion. When a person is "forced" to do something, you will grow to hate whatever "it" is, even if it "might" be beneficial to you.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Poor baby, having to go thru compliance testing. Don't know what's worse; driver on amphetamines or one falling asleep. On a side note, I looked through the site looking for the airplane with two right wings, I know it has to be there somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I came across another story where a man who habitually gets drunk was forced to stop drinking alcohol or else lose his driving license. And he is subject to random compliance enforcement by police spot checks. What an invasion of privacy and personal freedoms!

I saw another story about a trucker whose uncorrected eyesight was deemed to be so bad that he was forced to wear a corrective apparatus on his face while driving. And his license was annotated so that if ever he was caught without the apparatus, he would be deemed to be driving without a license. I think the apparatus is called "glasses". Again, what a violation of personal freedoms!

There was yet another story about how a man who was subject to occasional seizures was forced to take medication and demonstrate that it was effective at eliminating the seizures before he was allowed to get his drivers license back. Will government interference in our personal lives never cease?!

[ Sarcasm intentional ].
Post Reply Post Reply
What Ron Said
Post Reply Post Reply
Here where I live in Australia it's compulsory to notify driver licencing about any health problems that affect your driving. A letter from your Dr or other health care provider treating you saying your fit to drive/ride is compulsory.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply
About a year ago, I had to go into a trucking company office to speak with the manager.
While I was there, I immediately noticed he has a bunch or CPAP masks on the shelf. Of course I asked why they had them there and he told me drivers diagnosed with apnea were required to use the therapy. He was serious.
I don't know if they provided the machines as well and, if so, who would be setting them up. Later, I was wondering- do they have electrical outlets in the sleeper cabs?
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, they do. I've not been in one, though. Most of them have 12v outlets like RVs but some have converted 110 outlets.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,890 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,019 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Geer1's Story - It isn't always Apnea (or UARS) Geer1 8 1,129 05-20-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Llort
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.