Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

installing Sleepyhead - how to find that file?
installing Sleepyhead - how to find that file?
I've tried and tried to install Sleepyhead.
I get as far as downloading, then I pinned it to the desktop, double clicked to open.
I get a list of file folders and application extensions, but nothing that says "SleepyHead application.exe" file, which is what all the directions say to use.
The directions say I have to unzip it??
Please advise
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: installing Sleepyhead - how to find that file?
You got the file through a link on this site?

The file should end with something like .zip. And yes, you have to "upzip" it. If you use Windows, you should have an "unzipper" built in. If you are double clicking the file and see all sorts of files, more than likely you do.

Right click the file and see if there is something that says "extract" or "unzip" or something along those lines. If there is, then select that and follow the instructions.

If you don't, then double click the file then look at the top of that window and see if there is either of those choices at the top. If there is, again, select it and follow the instructions.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try this link if your still having trouble (click on point #1... 'Installing')

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid73182
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2015, 05:50 PM)hopeforsleep Wrote: I've tried and tried to install Sleepyhead.
I get as far as downloading, then I pinned it to the desktop, double clicked to open.
I get a list of file folders and application extensions, but nothing that says "SleepyHead application.exe" file, which is what all the directions say to use.
The directions say I have to unzip it??
Please advise
It is a Zip file. You don't install it, you extract it. So don't pin the download file to your desktop, leave it in your download directory. Then go to your download directory and right click on the zip file, it will have an option to extract and you can then pick where you want it to be extracted too. You could use the download directory, your documents directory where ever. You should extract it to a folder name in those areas using a name like Sleepyhead or whatever you need to remember it by.

After it is extracted, you need to enter that directory and you will see 2 EXE files in the list of files, Choose one of them to run the program. It will ask you where to create the data directory and go from there.

Ref:
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyh...erediditgo

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ad_Install
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I"m sorry, but I am still having trouble. I extract it, then open it, but I don't see any .exe files. Most of them say extension files and end in.dll, and at the bottom of the list Sleepyhead-Broken GL and Sleepyhead-Open GL. When I open these, I get an error message.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 09:33 AM)hopeforsleep Wrote: I"m sorry, but I am still having trouble. I extract it, then open it, but I don't see any .exe files. Most of them say extension files and end in.dll, and at the bottom of the list Sleepyhead-Broken GL and Sleepyhead-Open GL. When I open these, I get an error message.

Those are the executable files. What operating system are you using and do you know if it is 32-bit or 64-bit? When you double-click either one what is the error message that appears?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 09:33 AM)hopeforsleep Wrote: I"m sorry, but I am still having trouble. I extract it, then open it, but I don't see any .exe files. Most of them say extension files and end in.dll, and at the bottom of the list Sleepyhead-Broken GL and Sleepyhead-Open GL. When I open these, I get an error message.

You won't see the .exe part... Windows by default hides known extensions (kinda dumb). You want the Sleepyhead-Broken GL or Sleepyhead-Open GL files.

Try the Open one first.

I updated the resource page to show both ways it could be displayed depending if you have Hide known extensions on or off.
Post Reply Post Reply
the error message I get is: "the program can't start because Qt5Core.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I've tried reinstalling, no difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 06:02 PM)hopeforsleep Wrote: the error message I get is: "the program can't start because Qt5Core.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I've tried reinstalling, no difference.
Techinically, you don't install SleepyHead, you extract the ZIP file to a folder and then run it from that folder.

That DLL file is included in the zip file.

[Image: D514blLl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,084 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 477 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 530 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.