Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

installing Sleepyhead - how to find that file?
RE: installing Sleepyhead - how to find that file?
If you are running a 64-bit Windows7 system, you may have to use the 32-bit version of SleepyHead. I found that to be true on my Win7 64-bit system.

I suggest supplying the 32-bit version since it runs just fine on all the 64-bit systems I have put it on. It may be a little slower at that but I doubt most users would notice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 07:38 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: If you are running a 64-bit Windows7 system, you may have to use the 32-bit version of SleepyHead. I found that to be true on my Win7 64-bit system.

I also had to use the 32-bit version for my Win 7 64-bit machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2015, 09:33 AM)hopeforsleep Wrote: I"m sorry, but I am still having trouble. I extract it, then open it, but I don't see any .exe files. Most of them say extension files and end in.dll, and at the bottom of the list Sleepyhead-Broken GL and Sleepyhead-Open GL. When I open these, I get an error message.

Sounds like you are opening the .zip file, not extracting it.

Try this page again.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ad_Install

Do it STEP by STEP.

If you click on the zip file, windows will show it to you like a directory, but it hasn't extracted it into separate files. You must extract the files.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm I didn't really understand your answer. I thought I had decent computer skills for a 50 year old, but I guess you really do need to be much more adept than I realized to work with Sleepyhead. I tried clicking on that Qt5 highlighted file. All I got was a message giving me a message about opening a system file and some obscure options for opening it.
About ready to give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
hopeforsleep, Perhaps I can help. If you are running a 64-bit system, go to the link below and download the file named vcredist_x64.exe. Then double click on it to allow it to install some necessary files that will enable your system to run the 64-bit version of SleepyHead software. Without this download being installed, the normal error message will read "The program can't start because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". Reinstalling the program will not fix the problem, installing the required download will.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Go to that site > click the "Download" button > then select vcredist_x64.exe and then find it in your chosen download folder and double-click it. Agree to the conditions and allow the install to proceed. When it finishes, try installing the SleepyHead software once more.

If that doesn't work, post back the exact error message you get.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 08:27 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: hopeforsleep, Perhaps I can help. If you are running a 64-bit system, go to the link below and download the file named vcredist_x64.exe. Then double click on it to allow it to install some necessary files that will enable your system to run the 64-bit version of SleepyHead software. Without this download being installed, the normal error message will read "The program can't start because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". Reinstalling the program will not fix the problem, installing the required download will.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784

Go to that site > click the "Download" button > then select vcredist_x64.exe and then find it in your chosen download folder and double-click it. Agree to the conditions and allow the install to proceed. When it finishes, try installing the SleepyHead software once more.

If that doesn't work, post back the exact error message you get.

vcredist has nothing to do with Qt5Core.dll. You get that message when you open the zip file with windows instead of extracting the zip file, or if you copy the .exe file to another location.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 07:05 PM)hopeforsleep Wrote: Hmmm I didn't really understand your answer. I thought I had decent computer skills for a 50 year old, but I guess you really do need to be much more adept than I realized to work with Sleepyhead. I tried clicking on that Qt5 highlighted file. All I got was a message giving me a message about opening a system file and some obscure options for opening it.
About ready to give up.

Are you in the directory you extracted the files to? Unfortunately, Windows makes it very easy to open the zip file instead of going into the real directory.

Go into the directory you're trying to execute SleepyHead from. Click once on the file, then right click and do properties. Post a screenshot. There are instructions on screenshots in the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post. If you can't handle the screenshot, tell me what it says for "location." THE WHOLE LINE for location, please.

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would it be possible for someone to create a self-extracting zip and have it install to c:\ ?
just a thought.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2015, 08:58 AM)AlanE Wrote: Would it be possible for someone to create a self-extracting zip and have it install to c:\ ?

Yep, and it's a work currently in progress. Stay tuned.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see where it was established as to what bit-version of SH the OP was needing??

I suggest supplying the 32-bit version since it runs just fine on all the 64-bit systems I have put it on. It may be a little slower at that but I doubt most users would notice.

SS, If you need any help making the self .exe, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 72 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 251 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 151 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 672 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,157 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 554 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 532 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.